How to create/make backup files/copies of workbooks in Excel?
Supposing you make several wrong operations in a big workbook, of course you can restore the workbook by pressing Undo button. But pressing Undo button for dozens of times seems not a good way. This article introduces some tricks to make backup versions of active workbook, so that you can restore it conveniently and quickly.
- Make backup file of active workbook with Excel's AutoRecover command
- Make backup file of active workbook with Kutools for Excel
Recommended Productivity Tools
By default, Microsoft Excel will automatically backup active workbook, so you can restore active workbook with AutoRecover files.
- Step 1: Click File in Excel 2010/2013 or Office button in Excel 2007, and Option button;
- Step 2: In Excel Option dialog box, scroll down to Save workbooks section in Save category.
- Step 3: Modify the AutoRecover settings according to your need.
You will find out AutoRecover versions of active workbook in the location folder, and restore active workbook with these versions.
1. It will back up active workbook every N minutes according to your settings.
2. You can only restore to the last backup version, because all former versions are replace with latest version.
Kutools for Excel's Tack snap tool can help you make backup versions of active workbook as snapshots.
Just click the Kutools > Snap, it will back up a version of active workbook immediately. See screenshot:
If you have made backup versions of active workbook, you will view the backup versions list by clicking Snap. See screenshot:
Click one of backup versions, the active workbook will restore to the status when you make this backup version.
1. Users could not use this utility if they have never saved the current workbook.
2. You can make backup versions at any time, and make multiple backup versions.
3. All backup versions of active workbook will be clear if you close the active workbook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoThank you, I have just been searching for information approximately this subject for ages and yours is the best I have came upon till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you certain in regards to the supply? kbfcbbdaegcabbek
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agowhat the is wrong with the picture