How to mail merge data and pictures from Excel to Word?
If you have a list of students’ information which contain the names, ages, courses, colleges and photo paths in Excel worksheet, now, you want to make an exam admission card for each student in Word as following screenshot shown. To make this type of card quickly and easily, the Mail Merge feature in Word can help you.
- Step1: Prepare the data list in Excel
- Step2: Prepare Word document
- Step3: Establish the relationship between the Excel file and the Word document
Apply the Mail Merge feature to create the card with image, please do with the below steps one by one:
1. Type the information you need in the worksheet, and enter the image file path as below screenshot shown:
2. Then, you need to modify the picture address by adding another slash after each slash in the address, see screenshot:
3. After entering the data, save and close the Excel file.
4. You can prepare and design the card formatting in a Word document as below screenshot as your own need:
5. After completing the format of the information in word file, please click Mailings > Select Recipients > Use an Existing List, see screenshot:
6. Then, in the popped out Select Data Source window, select the Excel file you created, and then click Open button, see screenshot:
7. In the following Select Table dialog box, select the worksheet containing the student information you want to use, and then click OK, see screenshot:
8. And then, put the cursor beside the Name, and click Mailings > Insert Merge Field > Name, and the Name field will be inserted into the word document as below screenshot shown:
9. Then, you should repeat the above step to insert other corresponding fields for Age, Couse and College to get the following results:
10. After inserting the data fields, next, you should insert the image field. Now, please place the cursor at the position where you want to display the picture, and then click Insert > Quick Parts > Field, see screenshot:
11. In the popped out Field dialog box, choose IncludePicture from the left Field names pane, and then, in the Field properties text box, enter anything, such as Image, and then click the OK button to save the settings. See screenshot:
12. Now, the picture is inserted into the document, but, you can’t see it.
13. Then, click on the picture and press Alt+ F9 to toggle to field code as below screenshot shown:
14. Select the word Image in the highlighted image code, and then click click Mailings > Insert Merge Field > Photo, see screenshot:
15. After clicking on the Photo field, the code will be converted like the below screenshot:
16. Now, press Alt+F9 again, but the image is not still visible.
17. Go on clicking the Mailings tab, and then click Finish & Merge > Edit Individual Documents, see screenshot:
18. In the popped out Merge to New Document dialog box, choose All from the Merge records, and then click OK button.
19. A new document opens with all data information, but the images may still not be visible, see screenshot:
20. To make the images visible, press Ctrl+A to select all the contents in the word file, and then press F9 key, in the popped out Microsoft Word Security Notice dialog box, click Yes button, see screenshot:
21. After clicking Yes, you can see the word file is filled with the merged image and the data information stored in Excel worksheet as below screenshot shown:
Then, you can print and save the file as you need.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!