How to unprotect all protected sheets without password in a workbook?
Normally, you may set password for the worksheets to prevent other users from making changes to your sheets. It is easy for you to remove protection if you know the password of the protected sheet. But, if you forget the password, how could you do? Please don’t worry, this article will talk about some easy tricks for solving this puzzle in Excel.
To unprotect all protected sheets, you can import the Excel file to Google Sheets, and then save the Google sheets as Excel file again. Please do with the following steps:
1. Open a new spreadsheet in Google Sheets, then, click File > Import, see screenshot:
2. In the popped-out Import file dialog, under the Upload tab, drag the workbook contains protected sheets into the box, or click Select a file from your device button to upload the Excel file here, see screenshot:
3. After importing the Excel file, click Import data button, see screenshot:
4. And now, you will see all sheets in the Excel file are displayed in the Google Sheets.
5. And then, go to the File tab, and click Download > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx), see screenshot:
6. After downloading the file, open the workbook, and all the protected sheets are unprotected. Now, you can edit the data as you need.
If you are not familiar with the Google Sheets, here, you can use the copy and paste command to copy and paste the data from the protected sheet to another new workbook.
1. Go to the protected sheet, and then input the cell range (A1:Z1000) of the sheet into the Name Box directly, and press Enter key, see screenshot:
2. After pressing Enter key, nothing happens apparently. Please don’t do anything, just press Ctrl + C to copy the specified range, then you can see the data in the range A1:Z1000 has been surrounded by the dotted line, see screenshot:
3. Then, just press Ctrl + V to paste it to another worksheet or workbook where you want to put the data of the protected sheet.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!