How to copy and paste formulas from Google Sheets to Excel or vice versa?
When you copy and paste a range of cells from Google Sheets to Excel, you may notice that the formulas in the range copied from Google Sheets are missing. The same will happen with the copied data from Excel to Google Sheets. In this tutorial, we will provide the solution to copy and paste from Google Sheets to Excel with formulas and vice versa.
Copy and paste formulas from Google Sheets to Excel and vice versa
To copy and paste a range of cells including formulas between Google Sheets to Excel, please do as follows:
1. In your Google Sheets or Excel spreadsheet, press Ctrl + ` keys together.
2. Press Ctrl + C to copy the data from Google Sheets or Excel, and then press Ctrl + V to paste the date to Excel or Google Sheets. The formulas are now pasted to the destination file.
3. In the original file, press Ctrl + ` keys again, or press Ctrl + Z, to revert the file to its original form.
Note: If there is only one formula in the Google Sheets or Excel to be copied, you can just double click on the cell, and then copy and paste the formula.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!