like f18 = 345
in h19 I should get = tdg 345
for 500 values in h column.
please help me someone
For example, you have a large worksheet with hundreds of columns of data. And now, you need to copy every 3rd column data and paste them to another new worksheet. It will be time-consuming to select every nth column one by one, and is there any easy way to do it?
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
It seems no simple way except VBA code to solve this problem. Please do as the following steps:
1. Highlight the range that you want to select every nth column.
2.Click Developer > Visual Basic or press Alt+F11, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module to input the following code into the Module:
Sub EveryOtherColumn() 'Updateby20140314 Dim rng As Range Dim InputRng As Range Dim OutRng As Range Dim xInterval As Integer xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set InputRng = Application.Selection Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Range :", xTitleId, InputRng.Address, Type:=8) xInterval = Application.InputBox("Enter column interval", xTitleId, Type:=1) For i = 1 To InputRng.Columns.Count Step xInterval + 1 Set rng = InputRng.Cells(1, i) If OutRng Is Nothing Then Set OutRng = rng Else Set OutRng = Application.Union(OutRng, rng) End If Next OutRng.EntireColumn.Select End Sub
3. Then click button to run the code, and a prompt box will pop out to remind you to select a range to work with. See screenshot:
4. Click OK, and then enter the number of intervals in the another pop out dialog. In this case, enter 3 in the box. See screenshot:
5. Click OK. Now it selects every 3rd column in the selection. See screenshot:
Note: You can specify the number in the second KutoolsforExcel dialog to meet your need.
But sometimes, you need to select two columns with two intervals. The above code can not work, how should you do?
With Kutools for Excel, you can select specific number of columns at specific intervals. Please do as the following steps:
1.Click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows/Columns,see screenshot:
2. A Select Interval Rows/Columns dialog box will appear. Then click button to select the range you need, choose Columns from Select section, and specify the number you want in the Interval of and Columns dropdown list, here we select two columns in every 3td columns. See screenshot:
3.Click OK. It will select two columns with two intervals in the selection. See screenshot:
Note: If you check Select entire columns in the popup dialog, it will select the entire columns in the sheet. See screenshot: