How to quickly copy every other row in Excel?
This article provides some tricky ways to help you copy every other row in Microsoft Excel quickly and conveniently.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have to copy every other row from the following range:
Actually, we can copy and paste any content from one range to another range quickly. We will guide you to finish it based on the example above:
Step 1: Enter the formula =A1 in Cell E1. Then click the Cell E1, and drag the Fill Handle to Cell G1.
Step 2: Select and highlight the range of E1:G2, and drag the Fill handle across the range according to you needs.
Now it copies and pastes the content in every other row:
Note: this way only copies the content in every other row, but not hyperlinks, formatting styles, etc.
If you want to copy not only the content, but also hyperlinks, formatting styles in every other row, you should try the Filter command.
Step 1: In a blank column besides original data, enter 0,1,0,1…,0,1. In this case we enter the numbers in Column E. see the following screen shot:
Step 2: Select and highlight the Column E, and click the Filter button under Data tab.
Step 3: Then go back to the Column E, and click the arrow button besides Cell E1.
Step 4: In the drop down menu, uncheck Select All option, and check the 0 option. Then it hides the rows with 1 in Excel, see the following screen shot.
Step 5: Now you can select and highlight these interval rows, and copy them with clicking the Copy button under Home tab (Ctrl + C) easily.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can easily copy every other row without losing any hyperlinks or formatting styles quickly with its Select Interval Rows & Columns tool.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Select the range that you will work with, and click the Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows & columns….
Step 2: In Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, specify the settings as following screen shot shows, and click OK.
Then every other row in the selection is selected and highlighted.
Step 3: Now you can copy these selected interval rows with clicking the Copy button under Home tab (Ctrl + C) easily.
- Select every nth column in Excel
- Select every other or nth row in Excel
- Delete every other row
- Hide every other row