How to delete hidden worksheets in Excel?
Perhaps you have a workbook contains many hidden worksheets which aren’t useful, and they take up so many bits, now you want to delete all of the trashy hidden worksheets. How could you quickly delete them?
The following VBA code will delete all hidden worksheets within a workbook.
1. Open the workbook you want to delete the hidden worksheet.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, then copy and paste the following code into the Module:
Dim a As Integer
a = 1
While a <= worksheets="" count="" span="">
If Not Worksheets(a).Visible Then
a = a + 1
3. Click button to execute the code, and a warning window will pop out for each hidden worksheet to make sure that you really want to delete it. See screenshot:
4. Then click Delete. And all of the hidden worksheets have been deleted.
With the Inspect Document function of Excel, you can delete the hidden worksheets quickly and easily.
1. If you are using Excel 2010/2013, you can click File > Info > Check for Issues > Inspect Document, see screenshot:
If you have Excel 2007, you can click Office Button on the top left corner, and then click Prepare > Inspect Document. See screenshot:
2. In the Document Inspector dialog box, click Inspect button.
3. And the hidden worksheets will be inspected, then click Remove All button to delete the hidden worksheets of the active workbook.
If you want to delete the hidden worksheets quickly, you can use Kutools for Excel.
After installing Kutools for Excel, you can do as follows:
1. Go to the ribbon, and click Enterprise > Worksheet Tools > Delete All Hidden Sheets, see screenshot:
2. Then a prompt box pops out to remind you if you really want to delete all hidden worksheets. See screenshot:
3. Click Yes, and another prompt box will appear to remind you how many hidden worksheets have been deleted. See screenshot:
4. Click OK to finish this task.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!