How to quickly insert blank column between every other column in Excel?
When we operate a worksheet, sometimes we need to insert some columns between existing columns. But inserting a blank column between exiting columns of data will be a tedious task if you insert each column individually. Are there any quick ways to deal with this problem?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Please look at the following screenshot, after each columns, I want to insert a blank column to record other information, I can use a brief VBA code to finish this task.
1. Select the range that you want to insert blank columns between the data.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
For colx = 2 To 30 Step 2
3. Then click button to run the code. And alternate blank columns have been inserted into the existing columns.
Note: This VBA only can insert one blank column between every first column.
If you would like to insert one blank column with two intervals, the above code will not work. And how could you quickly insert the blank columns with specified intervals?
With the help of Kutools for Excel, you can easily solve this problem. Please do as follows:
1. Highlight the range you would like to insert blank columns.
2. Click Kutools > Insert Tools > Insert Blank Rows/Columns…, see screenshot:
3. And an Insert Blank Rows/Columns dialog box will appear. Click Blank columns option from Insert type. And input 2 in Interval of, input 1 in Column. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. And you will insert a blank column with every two interval. See screenshot:
With Insert Blank Rows/Columns function, you also can insert specific number of blank rows with specific intervals between exiting data. Here we insert two blank rows between every second columns, see screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agohow to copy coloumns from sl no 1 to 10 and paste to merged rows at a time from sl no 1 to 10 copy and paste in rows ab merge cd merge
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoSadly this Kutools does not work on sheets where multiple tables are used above each other. It would be great if you could update the tool to enable this annoying limitation of Excel. I want to add a new column in the middle of ALL my tables within the document but it doesn't seem to be possible.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIs there a way to make the height of the blank row different from the height of the alternate row?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoAfter running the macro You can also insert another column by putting 3 after Step
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoCan you please tell me the codes for multiple insertions and deletion of columns ?