How to quickly insert blank column between every other column in Excel?
When we operate a worksheet, sometimes we need to insert some columns between existing columns. But inserting a blank column between exiting columns of data will be a tedious task if you insert each column individually. Are there any quick ways to deal with this problem?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Please look at the following screenshot, after each columns, I want to insert a blank column to record other information, I can use a brief VBA code to finish this task.
1. Select the range that you want to insert blank columns between the data.
2. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
For colx = 2 To 30 Step 2
3. Then click button to run the code. And alternate blank columns have been inserted into the existing columns.
Note: This VBA only can insert one blank column between every first column.
If you would like to insert one blank column with two intervals, the above code will not work. And how could you quickly insert the blank columns with specified intervals?
With the help of Kutools for Excel, you can easily solve this problem. Please do as follows:
1. Highlight the range you would like to insert blank columns.
2. Click Kutools > Insert Tools > Insert Blank Rows/Columns…, see screenshot:
3. And an Insert Blank Rows/Columns dialog box will appear. Click Blank columns option from Insert type. And input 2 in Interval of, input 1 in Column. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK. And you will insert a blank column with every two interval. See screenshot:
With Insert Blank Rows/Columns function, you also can insert specific number of blank rows with specific intervals between exiting data. Here we insert two blank rows between every second columns, see screenshot: