How to remove indents within cells in Excel?
When you import data to Microsoft Excel from external source, such as web pages or Microsoft Word, there are some blank indents within cells frequently. How do you remove an indent within cells? Instead of removing each indent in cell one by one, we will introduce you some easily way to remove indents within cells quickly.
- Remove indents with cells with Decrease Indent command
- Remove indents space with cells with Kutools for Excel
Remove indents space with cells with Kutools for Excel
Some of indents are made with blank space. So we can use Kutools for Excel's Remove Space tool to remove all indent made with blank space in selections quickly.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 100 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Select the range that you will work with.
Step 2: click the Kutools >> Text Tools >> Remove Spaces….
Step 3: In the Remove Space dialog box, check the All excess spaces option, and Click OK.
Then you will see all indent made by blank space are removed immediately.
Remove indents with cells with Decrease Indent command
Most of time the users set indents With Increase Indent command or setting paddings. If imported data contains this kind of indents, you can remove them with Decrease Indent command.
Step 1: Select the Range that you will remove indents.
Step 2: Click the Home >> Decrease Indent button.
Then it removes the indent except the indents by blank space.
Note: If you select both cells that containing this kind of indent and cells that do not containing this kind of indent, this Decrease Indent command will not work. You have to select cells containing this kind of indent separately and remove them later.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office / Excel 2007-2021 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!