How to remove indents within cells in Excel?
When you import data to Microsoft Excel from external source, such as web pages or Microsoft Word, there are some blank indents within cells frequently. How do you remove an indent within cells? Instead of removing each indent in cell one by one, we will introduce you some easily way to remove indents within cells quickly.
- Remove indents with cells with Decrease Indent command
- Remove indents space with cells with Kutools for Excel
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Some of indents are made with blank space. So we can use Kutools for Excel's Remove Space tool to remove all indent made with blank space in selections quickly.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 100 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Get it Now.
Step 1: Select the range that you will work with.
Step 2: click the Kutools >> Text Tools >> Remove Spaces….
Step 3: In the Remove Space dialog box, check the All excess spaces option, and Click OK.
Then you will see all indent made by blank space are removed immediately.
Most of time the users set indents With Increase Indent command or setting paddings. If imported data contains this kind of indents, you can remove them with Decrease Indent command.
Step 1: Select the Range that you will remove indents.
Step 2: Click the Home >> Decrease Indent button.
Then it removes the indent except the indents by blank space.
Note: If you select both cells that containing this kind of indent and cells that do not containing this kind of indent, this Decrease Indent command will not work. You have to select cells containing this kind of indent separately and remove them later.