- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYes easy. You have to select all and put the author name on properties
How to add and change document author (document properties) in Excel
By default, a workbooks' author is the user name of who create the workbook, and it's usually only one name. However, sometimes a workbook may be created by several persons, and it requires adding other authors' name to the workbook. This article will show you how to add or change document author and document properties with following methods.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If it only requires adding other authors for current workbook, you can finish it with following steps:
1. Click the File > Info.
2. Go to Related People section in the right side, there is a box under the first author name, you can add new author in the box.
Note: this method is only valid in Microsoft Excel 2010, but invalid in Excel 2007.
If it requires adding or changing author and other document properties, you can do it with two methods.
Add or change document properties and author in Document Pane
Step 1: Click the File > Info > Properties button> Show document Panel item in Excel 2010/2013, see the following screen shot.
If you are using Excel 2007, you can open the Document pane by clicking the Office Button > Prepare > Properties.
Step 3: Then it displays the Document Properties Pane at the top of working area.
You can add or modify the authors in the Author box, and add or modify document properties as well, such as title, category, subjects, etc.
Add or change document properties and author in Advanced Properties dialog box
Step 1: Click the File > Info > Properties > Advanced Properties in Excel 2010, or click the arrow besides Document Properties in the Document Properties Pane in both Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
Step 2: In the Document Properties dialog box, you can add or change any kinds of document properties under Summary tab, including the Author.