- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoYes easy. You have to select all and put the author name on properties
How to add and change document author (document properties) in Excel
By default, a workbooks' author is the user name of who create the workbook, and it's usually only one name. However, sometimes a workbook may be created by several persons, and it requires adding other authors' name to the workbook. This article will show you how to add or change document author and document properties with following methods.
If it only requires adding other authors for current workbook, you can finish it with following steps:
1. Click the File > Info.
2. Go to Related People section in the right side, there is a box under the first author name, you can add new author in the box.
Note: this method is only valid in Microsoft Excel 2010, but invalid in Excel 2007.
If it requires adding or changing author and other document properties, you can do it with two methods.
Add or change document properties and author in Document Pane
1. Click the File > Info > Properties button> Show document Panel item in Excel 2010/2013, see the following screen shot.
If you are using Excel 2007, you can open the Document pane by clicking the Office Button > Prepare > Properties.
2. Then it displays the Document Properties Pane at the top of working area.
You can add or modify the authors in the Author box, and add or modify document properties as well, such as title, category, subjects, etc.
Add or change document properties and author in Advanced Properties dialog box
1. Click the File > Info > Properties > Advanced Properties in Excel 2010, or click the arrow besides Document Properties in the Document Properties Pane in both Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
2. In the Document Properties dialog box, you can add or change any kinds of document properties under Summary tab, including the Author.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoCan we change the author for all files at once. Like in bulk?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agojust the thing i needed. great guide keep up the good work! ;-)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you. Worked perfectly
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoYou can also update the author name at the bottom of the window when open in Documents view at the bottom of the screen. it will list the Title, Date, Author, etc. You can click on each and change it.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agothank you so much. indeed this is lovely....... :P
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI have a Excel which was created by a user. I am unable to copy or modify the contents of the excel. It is not read only file. I cannot view the advanced properties mentioned above. I am using Excel 2010. I need to modify the Excel. Can anyone help me out?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoMay be the cells are locked, so you should get the password and then unlock the work sheet or work book, then you will be able to make changes
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThanks to have found this page :D !
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoHI Author name in excel 2013 giving a yellow triangle with exclamation marker on it and i am not able to switch account and sign in.
Please help if you have solution.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoGreat, thanks for sharing this blog.Really thank you! aaebceebfbkbaade
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoIt was really helpful.