How to change gap width in Excel quickly?
Normally the gap width is automatically calculated based on the date and chart area. Saying the chart area is fixed, the space between two series points may be very narrow if there are many data series, or very wide when fewer data series. Therefore, we need to change the gap width manually. This article is going to guide you how to change the gap width in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 quickly.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Step 1: Right click the series, and select the Format Data Series item from the context menu, see the following screen shot:
Step 2: In the Format Data Series dialog box, click the Series Option button at left bar.
Then it shows the Gap Width section under the series Option section. See the following screen shot:
You can drag the slider between No Gap and Large Gap to adjust the gap width manually.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoi put double enter in a long sheet how to find the column gap easly
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIn a bar chart how I can reduce the space of only two bars & not all the bars in a graph.
i.e. I want to present actual data of 4 qtrs. of last year each separately & same distance in each bar but for current qtr I want to present actual & budget numbers each in a separate bar but no distance in these two bars.
Hope to hear soon from you.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you so much, that was very helpful :lol:
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you. This was VERY helpful!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agothere is 100 text column in excel sheet top to down
i need to keep two empty column between every column
can you tell me how??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years ago@ Ann : they seem IDIOT AND A BUNCH OF CRAP....
WE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE GAP !!! BUT WE DONT WANNA CHANGE THE BAR WIDTH !!!!
THEY DONT TELL U HOW !!!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoCan I change the gap without changing the width of the bars ?