How to change orientation of worksheet or text in cells in Excel
This article will bring you solutions to change the orientation of both the whole worksheet and the text in cells in Microsoft Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
Recommended Productivity ToolsOffice Tab: Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: 200 new features for Excel, make Excel much easy and powerful, increase productivity immediately.
Sometime you need to change the layout of current worksheet to Portrait or Landscape. There are two ways to change the orientation of current worksheet.
Just click the Page Layout > Orientation, and then select the Portrait item or the Landscape item from the drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: You can also change current worksheet's orientation with clicking File > Print > Portrait Orientation or Landscape Orientating the Settings section. By the way, this method is invalid in Excel 2007.
Sometimes, you may want to change the page orientation of all or multiple worksheets in the active workbook. Apart from changing the each worksheet's orientation one by one, Kutools for Excel's Copy Page Setup eases you work and enables you to batch change the orientation of all/multiple worksheets with several clicks.
Kutools for Excel - Combines More Than 120 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
1. Click the Page Layout > Orientation, and then select the Portrait item or the Landscape item from the drop down list to change current worksheet's orientation.
2. Click Enterprise > Printing > Copy Page Setup.
3. In the opening Copy Page Setup dialog box, please check the worksheets whose orientation you will change in the Copy to section, only check the Orientation option in the Options box, and click the Ok button. See above screenshot.
And then all specified worksheets' orientation have been changed together.
Occasionally the Wrap Text command cannot meet your needs to set the text layout in cells, and it requires changing the orientation of text in cells. You can do it with following steps:
1. Select cells that you will change the text orientation in.
2. Click the Orientation button under Home tab, and then select one of orientation styles in the drop down list of Orientation button, .
Note: You can get more orientation styles in Format Cells dialog box with clicking the Format Cells Alignment item in the list.
Go to Orientation section under the Alignment tab in Format Cells dialog box, you can drag the orientation pointer or enter the orientation degree to change the orientation of text in cells. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...