How to change orientation of worksheet or text in cells in Excel
This article will bring you solutions to change the orientation of both the whole worksheet and the text in cells in Microsoft Excel 2007 and Excel 2010.
- Change the orientation of current worksheet
- Batch change the orientation of all/multiple worksheets
- Change the orientation of text in cells
Sometime you need to change the layout of current worksheet to Portrait or Landscape. There are two ways to change the orientation of current worksheet.
Just click the Page Layout > Orientation, and then select the Portrait item or the Landscape item from the drop down list. See screenshot:
Note: You can also change current worksheet's orientation with clicking File > Print > Portrait Orientation or Landscape Orientating the Settings section. By the way, this method is invalid in Excel 2007.
Sometimes, you may want to change the page orientation of all or multiple worksheets in the active workbook. Apart from changing the each worksheet's orientation one by one, Kutools for Excel's Copy Page Setup eases you work and enables you to batch change the orientation of all/multiple worksheets with several clicks.
1. Click the Page Layout > Orientation, and then select the Portrait item or the Landscape item from the drop down list to change current worksheet's orientation.
2. Click Kutools Plus > Printing > Copy Page Setup.
3. In the opening Copy Page Setup dialog box, please check the worksheets whose orientation you will change in the Copy to section, only check the Orientation option in the Options box, and click the Ok button. See above screenshot.
And then all specified worksheets' orientation have been changed together.
Occasionally the Wrap Text command cannot meet your needs to set the text layout in cells, and it requires changing the orientation of text in cells. You can do it with following steps:
1. Select cells that you will change the text orientation in.
2. Click the Orientation button under Home tab, and then select one of orientation styles in the drop down list of Orientation button .
Note: You can get more orientation styles in Format Cells dialog box with clicking the Format Cells Alignment item in the list.
Go to Orientation section under the Alignment tab in Format Cells dialog box, you can drag the orientation pointer or enter the orientation degree to change the orientation of text in cells. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!