How to add a chart title in Excel?
By default, there is no title for a new built chart in Excel. To make the chart easily understand, you can add a title for it manually. Moreover, you can easily remove, position the chart title, and format the chart titles as well.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Add new chart titles
Step 1: Click anywhere on the chart that you want to add a title, and then the Chart Tools is active on Ribbon.
Step 2: Click the Chart Titles button in Labels group under Layout Tab.
Step 3: Select one of two options from the drop down list:
- Centered Overlay Title: this option will overlay centered title on chart without resizing chart.
- Above Chart: this option will display title at top of chart area and resize chart.
Then it adds a text box with Chat Title in the Chart. You can remove the text of "Chart Title", and enter the new chart title.
Remove chart titles
If you want to remove existing chart title, you can select the chart firstly, and then click the Layout >> Chart Title >> None.
Format chart titles
If you want to format existing chart title, you can do it with following steps:
- Select the chart that you will work with;
- Click the Layout >> Chart Title >> More Title Options…;
- In the Format Chart Title, specify the settings based on your needs;
- Click OK.