How to add a chart title in Excel?
By default, there is no title for a new built chart in Excel. To make the chart easily understand, you can add a title for it manually. Moreover, you can easily remove, position the chart title, and format the chart titles as well.
Add new chart titles
Step 1: Click anywhere on the chart that you want to add a title, and then the Chart Tools is active on Ribbon.
Step 2: Click the Chart Titles button in Labels group under Layout Tab.
Step 3: Select one of two options from the drop down list:
- Centered Overlay Title: this option will overlay centered title on chart without resizing chart.
- Above Chart: this option will display title at top of chart area and resize chart.
Then it adds a text box with Chat Title in the Chart. You can remove the text of "Chart Title", and enter the new chart title.
Remove chart titles
If you want to remove existing chart title, you can select the chart firstly, and then click the Layout >> Chart Title >> None.
Format chart titles
If you want to format existing chart title, you can do it with following steps:
- Select the chart that you will work with;
- Click the Layout >> Chart Title >> More Title Options…;
- In the Format Chart Title, specify the settings based on your needs;
- Click OK.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!