How to add a chart title in Excel?
By default, there is no title for a new built chart in Excel. To make the chart easily understand, you can add a title for it manually. Moreover, you can easily remove, position the chart title, and format the chart titles as well.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Add new chart titles
Step 1: Click anywhere on the chart that you want to add a title, and then the Chart Tools is active on Ribbon.
Step 2: Click the Chart Titles button in Labels group under Layout Tab.
Step 3: Select one of two options from the drop down list:
- Centered Overlay Title: this option will overlay centered title on chart without resizing chart.
- Above Chart: this option will display title at top of chart area and resize chart.
Then it adds a text box with Chat Title in the Chart. You can remove the text of "Chart Title", and enter the new chart title.
Remove chart titles
If you want to remove existing chart title, you can select the chart firstly, and then click the Layout >> Chart Title >> None.
Format chart titles
If you want to format existing chart title, you can do it with following steps:
- Select the chart that you will work with;
- Click the Layout >> Chart Title >> More Title Options…;
- In the Format Chart Title, specify the settings based on your needs;
- Click OK.