How to insert or embed an Outlook message in Excel?
Sometimes you want to embed an Outlook email message in a workbook. You may think of copy the email content and paste into workbook. However, after copying and pasting the email message from Outlook in Excel, the message is getting mess and total out of formatting. Actually, you can embed the email message as an object into the workbook as follows:
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
1. Firstly, you need to save an Outlook email which you need to insert into worksheet. Please select the email message in the Mail List in Outlook, then click File > Save As. And in the Save As dialog box, specify a folder for saving the email message, enter a name for the email as you need in the File name box, keep the Outlook Message Format - Unicode option in the Save as type drop-down list, and finally click the Save button. See screenshot:
2. Go to the Microsoft Excel workbook and open the worksheet that you will embed the email message in, then click te Insert > Object.
3. In the Object dialog box, go to the Create from file tab, click the Browser button to find and select the email message that you haved saved in Step 1. After selecting the email message and rerurning to the Object dialog box, click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the specified email message is inserted into current worksheet as the following screenshot shown:
Note: In the Object dialog box, it is optional to check the Link to file option and the Display as icon option.
If you check the Link to file option in the Object dialog box, you will get an email message embedded in current worksheet as below screenshot shown, and the embedded email can be opened with double clicking.
If you check the Display as icon option in the Object dialog box, you will get an icon embedded in current worksheet as the following screenshot shown, and it also can be opened with double clicking.
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoCan you please tell me how to break password using macro based file.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan you please share the trick to embed an email from outlook directly.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoWhy so complicated???
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agothanks!!! its a great help for me.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoShift/print screen then paste in the cell.