How to insert and delete header, footer, and header picture in Excel?
Do you need to insert the page numbers in printed workbook as well as author name, current date and file name? The Microsoft Excel's Header/Footer command can help you show information in the header or footer at the top or bottom of each printed page easily. And you can also add some images in the header, such as your company’s logo, etc.
You can follow these steps to insert header and footer in Excel easily.
1. Click Insert > Header & Footer to activate the Header & Footer Tools in Ribbon.
2.Go to the Design tab under Header & Footer Tools, and then select any type of header or footer ad you need. In our case, we click Design > Header > Confidential, 1/11/2016, Page 1. See screenshot:
Note: You can also type custom header or footer into the Header box or footer box as you need. See screenshot:
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can quickly insert the current workbook's information as header or footer easily., such as workbook name, sheet name, workbook's saving path, user name, etc. Please do as follows:
1. Click Enterprise > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information.
2. In the opening Insert Workbook Information dialog box, please check one of current workbook's information in the Information section, check Header or Footer option and specified and header/footer position, and click the Ok button. See above screenshot:
And now the specified workbook information is inserted as header or footer immediately.
Sometime you want to display some images at the top of worksheet in every printed page, such as company logo, or others. You can do it with following steps:
1. Click Insert > Header & Footer to activate the Header & Footer Tools.
2. Select the position in the header section or footer section, and click Design > Picture. See screenshot:
2. Now Insert Pictures comes out, please select the picture source as you need. In our example, we select the From a file option and click the Browse button. See screenshot:
Note: If you are using Excel 2010 or older versions, this dialog box won't come out. Please just skip this step.
3. In the Insert Picture dialog box, please search and select the specified logo or image you will insert as header or footer, and click the Insert button. See screenshot:
4. And now the text string of &[Picture] is inserted into the header or footer. Click any cell in the active worksheet, and you will see the logo or image has been inserted as header or footer. See screenshot:
Note: After inserting a picture header/footer, you can format it with selecting the picture header or footer, clicking Design > Format Picture, and then formatting in the Format Picture dialog box. See screenshot:
If you want to delete the Header from worksheet, you can put the cursor at the place where the header/footer is inserted, and click Design > Header (or Footer) > none under Header & Footer Tools. So does deleting the Footer.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!