How to quickly insert multiple checkboxes in Excel?
How can we quickly insert multiple check boxes in Excel? Please follow these tricky methods in Excel:
Kutools for Excel's Batch Insert Check Boxes utility can help you to quickly insert multiple checkboxes at once. Click to free download this feature.
In Excel, Fill Handle is a powerful function to do many things. It can fill the checkboxes as well. First, you must insert a checkbox. Do as follows:
1. Click Developer in the menu bar, then click Insert, and choose the checkbox image under Form Control. See screenshot:
2. Click the checkbox image, and you will see plus sign pointer, click where you want to add checkbox.
3. Select the check box and move it to a cell, and then delete the name of the checkbox.
4. Then select the cell where the checkbox stay in. And then drag the fill handle over the range of cells that you want to fill. See screenshot:
If you think the first method is somewhat troublesome, the following VBA code can help you easily and quickly insert multiple checkboxes.
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
Sub InsertCheckBoxes() 'Update 20140506 Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range Dim Ws As Worksheet On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) Set Ws = Application.ActiveSheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False For Each Rng In WorkRng With Ws.CheckBoxes.Add(Rng.Left, Rng.Top, Rng.Width, Rng.Height) .Characters.Text = Rng.Value End With Next WorkRng.ClearContents WorkRng.Select Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
2. Then click button to run the code. And a prompt box will pop out to remind you to select a range of cells that you want to insert the checkboxes. See screenshot:
3. And then click OK, the checkboxes have been inserted in the range neatly and beautifully. See screenshot:
Here, I can introduce you an easy and handy way to insert multiple checkboxes-Kutools for Excel, with its Batch Insert Check Box feature, you can insert the checkboxes into blank cells or cells with data.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 120 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do with following steps:( Free Download Kutools for Excel Now! )
1. Select a range of cells that you want to insert the checkboxes.
2. Click Kutools > Insert > Batch Insert Check Boxes, see screenshot:
3. Then your selected cells have been filled with the checkboxes as following screenshots shown:
|Insert checkboxes into blank cells||Insert checkboxes into data cells|
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
200 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...