How to insert multiple hyperlinks in a cell/many cells in Excel?
As we all known, in Excel there is only one hyperlink can be inserted into a cell by default. But sometimes, we need to insert two or more hyperlinks into a cell. How to insert multiple hyperlinks in a cell in Excel? And how to batch insert multiple hyperlinks for many cells in Excel? You can get it done as follows:
1. Click Insert in the ribbon, and then click Shape, then you can select a rectangle shape.
2. Drawing a rectangle in the text that you want to insert hyperlink. And the rectangle will shade the text. See screenshot:
3. Then click the rectangle and right-click, and choose the Format Shape from the menu, and then a Format Shape dialog box will pop out. Click Fill in the left pane, and check No fill in the right pane. See screenshot:
4. Go on clicking Line Color in the left pane, and check No line in the right pane.
5. Then click Close button. And the rectangle has been changed transparently. See screenshot:
6. Put the cursor at the transparent rectangle, and right-click, choose Hyperlink from the menu, and then you can specify the file or enter the address to be hyperlinked.
With this method, repeat the above steps, you can insert the second or multiple hyperlinks into an Excel cell.
Sometimes, you many add multiple hyperlinks for many cells. If you have listed some hyperlinks in Excel already, you can apply Kutools for Excel's Convert Hyperlinks utility to add these hyperlinks for specified cells easily.
1. Click the Kutools > Links > Convert Hyperlinks.
2. In the opening Convert Hyperlinks dialog box, you need to:
(1) Check the Cell content replace hyperlinks address option;
(2) In the Input range box, select the Browse button and specify the range of hyperlinks;
(3) In the Result range, select the Browse button and specify the first cell of string range that you will add hyperlinks for.
3. Click the Ok button. Then you will see all hyperlinks are added for corresponding cells at once.
4. It's optional for you to delete the hyperlinks range.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoHi, I wanna link 4 different regions data to same cell. for example I have one cell named as training and when I check the A region training results I want to click on training cell and see all details per employee. and do same for all other regions. Which it means need to link one training cell todifferent regions data per employee in different sheets , how can I do it?Thanks
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow do you keep the shape from moving when resizing the workseet?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi Kriste,
You can right click the shape and select Format Shape to open the Format Shape pane. In the Format Shape pane, enable the Size & Properties tab, go to the Properties section, and check the Move and Size with cells option.
FYI, the Move and Size with cells option is checked by default.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agois there any option available in excel for insertion/ replacement of cell reference in multiple links at once????
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHi Zaibi,
What kinds of content do you want to insert or replace in bulk? Hyperlinks?
Kutools for Excel released a feature of Super Find, which can search and select specific text values only in hyperlinks in Excel.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoinserting multiple links is not working with shapes.. Please don't give wrong information.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIt works perfectly! I just did it multiple times.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoIt works Deepthi. I tried it just now
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank you. It's so helpful.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you. Your instructions are clear.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoThat is a fantastic idea! Way less hassle than making small pictures of each letter/word and inserting them into the cell... derp.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoIs there a way of automatically updating multiple links in a cell if rows above it have be added/deleted?
I have a problem whereby adding an extra row causes the link to now point a cell one row out
I am using insert shapes and linking that way as described in this article in order to support multiple links in the cell
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoYou need to define a name for the range you are wanting to hyperlink to. Once you do this it does not matter how many row are inserted before or after, it will hyperlink to that range.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoGreat, that is a very useful tip.
thank you. I shall try that.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoI wish to know if it is possible to copy & paste a list of pdf files as hyperlinks in excel? If yes, How???
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agoWith Excel 2010, for step 6, I had to select the shape then choose [b]Hyperlink[/b] from the [b]Insert[/b] menu at the top. (Using the right-click method attached the hyperlink to the entire cell.)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 years agothanks a lot. Helpful