How to filter every other row (even /odd rows) in Excel?
This is a tricky skill about how to filter every other row, filter every even / odd row, and filter every nth rows in Excel with Filter command.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
This way requires basic sequence column at the beginning of data, and another help column. If there is no sequence column before you data, please add it at the beginning.
1: In a blank Column, says Column E, enter the formula of =MOD(A2,2) in Cell E2. See the following screen shot:
2: Select the range of E2:E17, and click the Home >> Fill >> Down to copy this formula to all cells in the selection.
Now it fills the selection with 1, 0, 1….,1, 0. See the following screen shot:
3: Select the Column E, and click the Filter button under Data tab.
4: Click the Arrow in Column E, uncheck (Select All) item, and check 0 in the filter box. See the following screen shot:
5: Click OK.
Now it filters every other row (Odd rows) immediately as the following screen shot shows:
1. Filter every other row (Even rows)
If you want to filter every other row (Even rows), take the same steps as we told you above, and check the 1 item in the filter box in Step 4.
2. Filter every nth row
In the help column, you got the 1, 0, 1, 0…, 1, 0 with the formula of =MOD(A2, 2). Actually, you can modify the formula and get different divisor for filtering.
For example, you can apply the formula of =Mod(A2, 5) to filter every 5th row with same steps we told you in Filter every other row (Odd rows).
The Select Interval Rows & Columns utility of Kutools for Excel helps you easily select all Odd rows or Even rows in selected range, and then you can copy and paste these selected Odd rows or Even rows to a new range as you need.
1. Select the range you want to filter all the Odd rows or Even rows (For filtering all Even rows, please ignore the first row when select the range), then click Kutools > Select > Select Interval Rows & Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, select the Rows option, enter number 1 into the Interval of box and the Rows box separately, and then click the OK button.
Note: If you want to select the entire rows which meet the criteria, please check the Select entire rows box.
Now all Odd or Even rows of specified range are seleced, please copy and paste them into a new range as you need.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...