How to filter every other row (even /odd rows) in Excel?
This is a tricky skill about how to filter every other row, filter every even / odd row, and filter every nth rows in Excel with Filter command.
This way requires basic sequence column at the beginning of data, and another help column. If there is no sequence column before you data, please add it at the beginning.
1: In a blank Column, says Column E, enter the formula of =MOD(A2,2) in Cell E2. See the following screen shot:
2: Select the range of E2:E17, and click the Home >> Fill >> Down to copy this formula to all cells in the selection.
Now it fills the selection with 1, 0, 1….,1, 0. See the following screen shot:
3: Select the Column E, and click the Filter button under Data tab.
4: Click the Arrow in Column E, uncheck (Select All) item, and check 0 in the filter box. See the following screen shot:
5: Click OK.
Now it filters every other row (Odd rows) immediately as the following screen shot shows:
1. Filter every other row (Even rows)
If you want to filter every other row (Even rows), take the same steps as we told you above, and check the 1 item in the filter box in Step 4.
2. Filter every nth row
In the help column, you got the 1, 0, 1, 0…, 1, 0 with the formula of =MOD(A2, 2). Actually, you can modify the formula and get different divisor for filtering.
For example, you can apply the formula of =Mod(A2, 5) to filter every 5th row with same steps we told you in Filter every other row (Odd rows).
The Select Interval Rows & Columns utility of Kutools for Excel helps you easily select all Odd rows or Even rows in selected range, and then you can copy and paste these selected Odd rows or Even rows to a new range as you need.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range you want to filter all the Odd rows or Even rows (For filtering all Even rows, please ignore the first row when select the range), then click Kutools > Select > Select Interval Rows & Columns. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Interval Rows & Columns dialog box, select the Rows option, enter number 1 into the Interval of box and the Rows box separately, and then click the OK button.
Note: If you want to select the entire rows which meet the criteria, please check the Select entire rows box.
Now all Odd or Even rows of specified range are seleced, please copy and paste them into a new range as you need.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThank U.....MOD Method is great!!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agouseful tips...thanks
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThanks!!! You really saved me!!! :lol: