How to quickly remove conditional formatting in Excel?
Conditional formatting is a very useful tool in Excel, it can easily help you to format and shade cells according to specific conditional criteria, but sometimes you may want to remove or clear conditional formatting in Excel. How do you delete conditional formatting in Excel?
Clear Rules function can help you quickly and easily remove the conditional formatting in selected range and entire worksheets.
To delete the selected range conditional formatting, please do as this:
1. Select the range that you want to remove the conditional formatting.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Clear Rules > Clear Rules from Selected Cells. See screenshot:
3. And the selected conditional formatting has been removed. See screenshots:
To delete the entire worksheet conditional formatting, please do as follows:
Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Clear Rules > Clear Rules from Entire Sheet, and the entire worksheet conditional formatting will be removed.
The following VBA code also can help you to remove the conditional formatting.
1. Click Developer >Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
VBA: remove conditional formatting
Sub DeleteConditionalFormats() 'Update 20130912 Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8) WorkRng.FormatConditions.Delete End Sub
2. Then click button or press F5 key to run the code, and a prompt box will remind you to select a range that you want to use. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and all conditional formatting in the selected range has been removed.
The Kutools for Excel’s Alternate Row / Column Shading utility can help you remove both the conditional formatting and the background shading at the same time.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with the conditional formatting or backgroud shading you want to remove, then click Kutools > Format > Alternate Row / Column Shading. See screenshot:
2. In the Alternate Row / Column Shading dialog box, just select the Remove existing alternate row shading option in the Shading method section, and then click the OK button. See screenshots:
Then all condiation formatting and manual fill colors are removed immeidately.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!