How to quickly remove conditional formatting in Excel?
Conditional formatting is a very useful tool in Excel, it can easily help you to format and shade cells according to specific conditional criteria, but sometimes you may want to remove or clear conditional formatting in Excel. How do you delete conditional formatting in Excel?
Remove conditional formatting with Clear Rules function
Clear Rules function can help you quickly and easily remove the conditional formatting in selected range and entire worksheets.
To delete the selected range conditional formatting, please do as this:
1. Select the range that you want to remove the conditional formatting.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Clear Rules > Clear Rules from Selected Cells. See screenshot:
3. And the selected conditional formatting has been removed. See screenshots:
To delete the entire worksheet conditional formatting, please do as follows:
Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Clear Rules > Clear Rules from Entire Sheet, and the entire worksheet conditional formatting will be removed.
Remove conditional formatting with VBA code
The following VBA code also can help you to remove the conditional formatting.
1. Click Developer >Visual Basic, a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will be displayed, click Insert > Module, and input the following code into the Module:
VBA: remove conditional formatting
Dim WorkRng As Range
On Error Resume Next
xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel"
Set WorkRng = Application.Selection
Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type:=8)
2. Then click button or press F5 key to run the code, and a prompt box will remind you to select a range that you want to use. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK button, and all conditional formatting in the selected range has been removed.
Easily remove conditional formatting and background shading with Kutools for Excel
The Kutools for Excel’s Alternate Row / Column Shading utility can help you remove both the conditional formatting and the background shading at the same time.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
I am interested in specific certifications that you may offer, through any of your open source platforms. I am preparing to enter the workforce, after a long absence due to a disability that occurred several years prior to today. Any assistance that you can lend will be greatly appreciated.