How to sort data by color in excel?
When you using a worksheet, sometimes you may fill the rows or cells with various colors to make the worksheet much readable. And sometimes you want to sort the cells by color in Excel. In this case, you can use the sort function to sort the data by color quickly as follows:
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
1. Select the range that you want to sort the data by color.
2. Click Data > Sort, and a Sort dialog box will appear, see screenshot:
3. Then click Sort by drop down list, select the data that you sort, and then click Values drop down list, chose Cell color, then click no cell color drop down list, select the color you would like on top.
4. Click Add Level to add additional lines to specify the order of the remaining colors. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK button. You will get the following result:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow is the auto-sorting some columns by special color in one column?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agohelped alot. thanks.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis helped me to do what I wanted. Will love to say, thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoI know how to do it using the computer. How about sorting cells by their colour in the Microsoft excel in the android phone app?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis is was very helpful! It's exactly what I needed to do. I had no idea it was possible until I found your website.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThis helped me do what I wanted to do. Just wanted to say thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI don't have a a colour choice in the drop down. Not sure what to do from here.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoI had the same problem. The SOLUTION will be explained below:
PROBLEM: No color shown to select in " Add level" in advanced sort Excel (sort cells by color)
You can not select cells of different type and width. Also empty cells in the colomn will abort to show the colors in "Advanced Sort --> Add Level --> Sort Cell Color".
So the solution is to sort it by colom, all the data in this colom has to be the same type (all text / all value/ all empty or nothing empty)