How to link textbox to a specific cell in Excel?
Do you know how to link textbox to a cell in Excel? By doing this, you can format the cell value with the textbox and change the textbox color, and when the value in the linked cell is changed, the textbox will update automatically. This article will show you the cool trick to link a textbox to a specific cell in Excel quickly.
In Microsoft Excel we can link a textbox to a specific cell to show the linked cell content in the text box. What's more, if the value of the linked cell is changed, the textbox will update automatically. You can do it with following steps:
Step 1: Click the Text Box button under Insert tab, and insert a textbox in your worksheet.
Step 2: While text box is selected put your cursor in the formula bar, type in = symbol and then click on the cell you want to link to, and finally press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Now the textbox displays the content of linked Cell A3 in the textbox. In addition, when we change the content in linked Cell A3, the content in textbox will update automatically.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoPlease refer attached snap
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoTo reduce manual error of not updating particular value in text box which ideally should be same as page no. in top right cell, so I was thinking if we could link the content in text box with the content in cell.Can anyone help me on this?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoIs there any way I can change a negative number (coming through a link) in a text box with bracket in place of "-ve" sign
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow to give a link from textbox to cell
Not from cell to textbox
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank you very much for your this useful post. I rescue me from trucking in how to do paste data onto the text box.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI have part numbers that I put in my spreadsheet for certain machines using a text box. Now, how can I search for the part number that is in a text box in Excel?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoIs it possible to link multiple cells to the same text box so clicking different cells displays different text?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear guy,
Please insert an ActiveX textbox in your worksheet first. Then right click the sheet tab, select View Code from the right-clicking menu, copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Column = 3 Then ActiveSheet.TextBox1.Text = Target
Note: In the above code, the number 3 indicates the column number which your linked cells locate, and Textbox1 is the textbox name you inserted, please change them to your need.
Thank you for your comment!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHello,
This information is very useful thank you! Is there a way to do the opposite? Link a cell to the textbox?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoIs it possible to also link the color? For example, if the cell is red can the text box fill color also be set red automatically?