Not from cell to textbox
How to link textbox to a specific cell in Excel?
Do you know how to link textbox to a cell in Excel? By doing this, you can format the cell value with the textbox and change the textbox color, and when the value in the linked cell is changed, the textbox will update automatically. This article will show you the cool trick to link a textbox to a specific cell in Excel quickly.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Microsoft Excel we can link a textbox to a specific cell to show the linked cell content in the text box. What's more, if the value of the linked cell is changed, the textbox will update automatically. You can do it with following steps:
Step 1: Click the Text Box button under Insert tab, and insert a textbox in your worksheet.
Step 2: While text box is selected put your cursor in the formula bar, type in = symbol and then click on the cell you want to link to, and finally press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Now the textbox displays the content of linked Cell A3 in the textbox. In addition, when we change the content in linked Cell A3, the content in textbox will update automatically.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow to give a link from textbox to cell
Not from cell to textbox
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you very much for your this useful post. I rescue me from trucking in how to do paste data onto the text box.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI have part numbers that I put in my spreadsheet for certain machines using a text box. Now, how can I search for the part number that is in a text box in Excel?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIs it possible to link multiple cells to the same text box so clicking different cells displays different text?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear guy,
Please insert an ActiveX textbox in your worksheet first. Then right click the sheet tab, select View Code from the right-clicking menu, copy and paste below VBA code into the Code window.
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Column = 3 Then ActiveSheet.TextBox1.Text = Target
Note: In the above code, the number 3 indicates the column number which your linked cells locate, and Textbox1 is the textbox name you inserted, please change them to your need.
Thank you for your comment!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoHello,
This information is very useful thank you! Is there a way to do the opposite? Link a cell to the textbox?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoIs it possible to also link the color? For example, if the cell is red can the text box fill color also be set red automatically?