How to forward messages as attachments in Outlook?
Normally when you forward an email message in Microsoft Outlook, the original message text is added into the message body automatically. In this article, we will show you some tricks about forwarding email messages as attachments in Microsoft Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Microsoft Outlook’s Forward as Attachment feature can help us forward a single email message as an attachment easily.
1. Open a mail folder in the Navigation Pane, and click to select the email message that you will forward later.
2. Forward it as an attachment:
A. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the More > Forward as Attachment in the Respond group on the Home tab;
B. In Outlook 2007, please click the Actions > Forward as Attachment.
3. Compose the forwarding message, and click the Send button.
By default, if you select multiple email messages and then click the Forward button on the Home tab (or Actions > Forward in Outlook 2007), these email messages will be added as attachments in the forwarding message automatically. See screen shot:
This section will guide you to forward original email messages as attachments automatically in Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later versions.
1. Click the File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click the Mail in the left bar.
3. Go to the Replies and forwards section, click the When forwarding a message: box, and click to select the Attach original message from the drop down list. See screen shot:
4. Click the OK button to exit this dialog box.
From now on, when you forwarding an email message in Outlook 2010 and 2013, the original message will be added as an attachment automatically.
To forward email messages as attachments in Microsoft Outlook 2007 automatically, you can do as following:
1. Click the Tools > Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the E-mail Options button on the Preferences tab.
3. In the E-mail Options dialog box, go to the On replies and forwards section, click the When forwarding a message box, and click to select the Attach original message from the drop down list. See screen shot:
4. Click both OK buttons in two dialog boxes.
Henceforth, an email message will be attached as an attachment automatically if you forward it in Outlook 2007.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.