How to get phishing warning in receiving email messages in Outlook?
When using Microsoft Outlook, you may receive emails with multiple links inside frequently. In many cases, some phishing links inside emails are unsafe and will disclose your personal information if you click to open the website. An efficient way to avoid entering phishing website is getting phishing warning when the email arriving. With this tutorial, you can see how phishing warnings are displayed while receiving emails mixture with phishing links.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
You can get phishing warning with Outlook’s junk email function. Please do as follows.
1. Get into the Junk E-mail Options dialog box.
1). In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Home > Junk > Junk E-mail Options. See screenshot:
Tip: In Outlook 2007, you should click Actions > Junk E-mail > Junk E-mail Options, see screenshot:
2). In Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013, right click on an email and then click Junk > Junk E-mail Options in the right-clicking menu.
2. In the Junk E-mail Options dialog box, click High option and then check the Disable links and other functionality in phishing messages box. And then click OK button.
3. When the email with phishing links arriving, the phishing warning will be displayed above the message header. See screenshot:
With Kutools for Outlook’s Check Malicious utility, you can also easily get phishing warnings.
1. Enable the utility by checking the Check Malicious box in the Security group under Kutools tab. See screenshot:
2. Then when you receiving an email with phishing links inside, a warning box will pop up to remind you that the message you just received is a malicious one.
For more detailed information of Check Malicious utility of Kutools for Outlook, please click Phishing warning when receiving emails in Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.