How to send emails with alias in Outlook?
Have you even received email messages that show senders’ names before email addresses? See screen shot below. Normally it only shows senders’ email addresses at the message header. Here I will introduce a way to send your email messages with alias, so that recipients can view your alias at the message header in Microsoft Outlook.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
To send your email messages with alias in Microsoft Outlook, please follow these steps below:
Step 1: Open the Account Settings dialog box:
- In Outlook 2007, please click the Tools > Account Settings;
- In Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click the File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Step 2: In the Account Settings dialog box, go to the Email tab, select the email account which you will sent emails with alias, and click the Change button. See screen shot:
Step 3: Now you get into the Change Account dialog box, and clear the original content in the Your Name box, and enter your alias in it.
Step 4: This step will show the selected email account as your alias when sending emails.
(1) Click the More Settings button in the Change Account dialog box.
(2) In the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box, clear original content in the first box, and then enter your alias in it. See screen shot below.
(3) Click the OK button to exit the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box.
Step 5: Now you get back to the Change Account dialog box, please uncheck the option of Automatically test Account Settings when Next is clicked, then click the Next button and Finish button separately at the bottom of Change Account dialog box.
After configuring the account settings, you will view the specified email account shows as your alias when sending emails. See screen shot below.
What’s more, if you send email messages with this configured email account, your recipients will view your alias before your email address at the message header. See screen shot.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.