How to create recurring meeting/appointment at different times in Outlook?
By default, when you create recurring meeting or appointment in Outlook, the whole series of the recurring meeting or appointment will have a regular time and date. Outlook provides you with no feature for creating recurring meeting or appointment at different times. If you want to create recurring meeting or appointment at different times, you need to create a recurring meeting or appointment firstly, and then change the specified meetings or appointments manually in Outlook. Please do as follows.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
For creating recurring meeting/appointment at different times in Outlook, please do as follows.
1. Firstly you need to create a new meeting or appointment in your Outlook calendar.
2. In the Meeting or Appointment window, fill in the Subject and the Location fields and then click the Recurrence under Meeting tab.
Note: If that’s a meeting you create, please keep the To field blank.
3. In the Appointment Recurrence dialog box, define the Appointmenttime, Recurrence pattern and the Range of recurrence for your own needs, and finally click the OK button.
4. Now save the recurring meeting or appointment.
1). For recurring appointment, click the Save & Close button under AppointmentSeries tab;
2). For recurring meeting, click the Save button to save it. See screenshot:
5. Then the Appointment window is closed automatically. But you need to manually click the Close button to close the Meeting window.
After creating a series of recurring meetings or appointments, now you need to manually change the specified meetings or appointments to different times.
For example you have created a recurring meeting or appointment named sales report which will recur in every one week on Thursday. Now you want to change the date 14’s meeting to date 15, and date 28’s meeting to date 31. See screenshot:
1. Double click to open the meeting or appointment in date 14. When an Open Recurring Item dialog box pops up, check the Open this occurrence option and click the OK button in outlook 2010 or 2007.
Tip: in outlook 2013, please click Just this one in the Open Recurring Item box.
2. In the new Meeting Occurrence or Appointment Occurrence window, change the Start time to date 15. And then save the changes. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up prompt box, click the Yes button.
4. Manually close the Meeting Occurrence window.
Then change other specified meetings or appointments separately with the above method.
After changing to different times, you can see the differences as below screenshot shows.
1. For recurring meeting, you need to add attendees in order to send the meeting request.
1). Please double click a meeting recurrence, check Open the series option, then click the OK button.
2). In the Meeting Series window, add the attendees’ email addresses in the To field, and then click the Send button to send it.
2. Notice that if you have changed two meeting occurrences in the meeting series, after clicking the Send button, Outlook will send three meeting request emails to the attendees. If you have changed four, it will send five meeting request emails. That is to say, you will receive the different date meetings separately.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.