How to remove myself from distribution list in Outlook?
For example, you create a distribution list (contact group) and add your own email account addresses as members in Outlook. But now you want to remove these email account addresses from the distribution list, any idea? And what if removing your email account addresses from the distribution list in the To/Cc/Bcc fields when composing emails in Outlook?
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This first section is going to talk about removing your own email account addresses from the specified distribution list or contact group in Outlook.
1. Shift to the contact folder, and double click to open the specified distribution list where you will remove your own email addresses. See screenshot:
2. Select all of your email addresses in the distribution list, and then click the Remove Member button. See screenshot:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent members by clicking one by one.
3. Click the Save & Close button to close the distribution list.
Sometimes, you may add a distribution list or contact group as recipients when composing emails. But, the distribution list contains your email account addresses. In this situation, you can try Kutools for Outlook’s (Remove) My Names feature to remove your email account addresses from the distribution list.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the To/Cc/Bcc field, click the Plus sign before the distribution list to expand it. And then click the OK button in the popping out Expand List dialog box. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.