How to print only the latest reply in an email thread in Outlook?
Let’s say you discussed terms of a contact with emails back and forth in Outlook, and now you need to print the final contact terms only. However, when you print the latest replied email, it prints all contents in the email, consisting of all replies and original contact. Any idea to abandon previous replies and original contact, and print the latest reply only in Outlook? Below trick will help you get it done easily.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to abandon previous replies and original email, and print the latest reply only in Outlook.
1. Shift to the Mail view, and double click to open the email you will print out.
2. Click Message > Actions > Edit Message. See screenshot:
3. Now the opening email is editable. Place the cursor at the end of latest reply, press Ctrl + Shift + End keys to select all previous replies and original email content, and press the Delete key to remove them. See screenshot:
4. And now only the latest reply is reserved in the opening email. Click File > Print > Print to print the latest reply.
5. Close the opening email without saving.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can easily print only the latest reply in an email thread with the Print Selection feature in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Preview the email in the Reading Pane, select the latest reply content, and then click Kutools > Print Selection. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Print Selection dialog box, specify the print content and click the Print button. See screenshot:
- (1) If checking the Item header and Item body options in the Print Content section, it will print the message header and the selection;
- (2) If checking the Item option only in the Print Content section, it will print the selection only.
3. In the popping out Print dialog box, please specify a printer, and click the Print button.Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.