How to search emails by sent/deleted/received date and time in Outlook?
Generally speaking, when typing a date such as 2016/5/1 in the Instant Search box in Outlook, it will find out all emails created, modified, received, or sent on 2016/5/1. This article will guide you narrow the search scope, and search emails sent (modified, or received) on 2016/5/1 only in Outlook.
Quickly search and delete duplicate emails in Outlook
With Kutools for Outlook’s Duplicate Emails feature, you can quickly find and delete them from multiple mail folders, or find and delete all duplicates from the selected ones with two clicks in Outlook. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Work Much Easier...
Search emails by sent/deleted/received date and time with Instant Search feature
You can type search criteria into the Instant Search box to quickly search emails by sent/deleted/received date at ease in Outlook.
In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you will search emails, and then type one of search criteria in below table to search emails.
Between 2016/5/1 and 2016/5/31
For example, you need to search emails which are sent before 2016/5/1. You should click to open the Sent Items folder, and then type the search criteria sent: <5/1/2016 into the Instant Search box. See screenshot:
Search emails by sent/deleted/received date and time with Advanced Find feature
If you are not preferring to type search criteria in the Instant Search box directly, you can specify the search criteria in the Advanced Find dialog box.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you will search emails, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box.
2. In the Advanced Find dialog box, go to the Messages tab, and then:
(1) Select the Sent (or received, modified as you need) from the Time drop down list; (2) Choose the search time scope from the right drop down list, such as This Week. (3) Specify other search criteria as you need, such as add a keyword in the Search for the word(s) box.
Note: On the Messages tab, you can only choose search criteria as Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Month, etc. For searching emails in custom date range, you can specify the search criteria on the Advanced tab as below screenshot shown:
(1) Click Field > Date/Time fields > Sent (or Received, Modified as you need); (2) Specify a search condition from the Condition drop down list, such as on or before; (3) Type the custom date into the Value box; (4) Click the Add to List button;
3. Click the Find Now button.
And now all emails meeting the search criteria are found out and listed at the bottom of Advance Find dialog box.
1) all emails sent at certain time (i.e. between certain hours or after a certain hour) I have done a lot of overtime over the past two years and my boss is claiming she was not aware of it, so I would like to find all the emails I have sent after 17:30
2) all emails sent on my days off / weekends
There is a Statistics feature provided by Kutools for Outlook which supports count emails on specified week of day at specified date range. For example, count emails sent from 17:00 and 19:00 only on Saturday and Sunday.