You can type search criteria into the Instant Search box to quickly search emails by sent/deleted/received date at ease in Outlook.
In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you will search emails, and then type one of search criteria in below table to search emails.
2016/5/1 and 2016/5/31
For example, you need to search emails which are sent before 2016/5/1. You should click to open the Sent Items folder, and then type the search criteria sent: <5/1/2016 into the Instant Search box. See screenshot:
If you are not preferring to type search criteria in the Instant Search box directly, you can specify the search criteria in the Advanced Find dialog box.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you will search emails, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box.
2. In the Advanced Find dialog box, go to the Messages tab, and then:
(1) Select the Sent (or received, modified as you need) from the Time drop down list;
(2) Choose the search time scope from the right drop down list, such as This Week.
(3) Specify other search criteria as you need, such as add a keyword in the Search for the word(s) box.
Note: On the Messages tab, you can only choose search criteria as Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Month, etc. For searching emails in custom date range, you can specify the search criteria on the Advanced tab as below screenshot shown:
(1) Click Field > Date/Time fields > Sent (or Received, Modified as you need);
(2) Specify a search condition from the Condition drop down list, such as on or before;
(3) Type the custom date into the Value box;
(4) Click the Add to List button;
3. Click the Find Now button.
And now all emails meeting the search criteria are found out and listed at the bottom of Advance Find dialog box.