How to search emails by sent/deleted/received date and time in Outlook?
Generally speaking, when typing a date such as 2016/5/1 in the Instant Search box in Outlook, it will find out all emails created, modified, received, or sent on 2016/5/1. This article will guide you narrow the search scope, and search emails sent (modified, or received) on 2016/5/1 only in Outlook.
- Search emails by sent/deleted/received date and time with Instant Search feature
- Search emails by sent/deleted/received date and time with Advanced Find feature
You can type search criteria into the Instant Search box to quickly search emails by sent/deleted/received date at ease in Outlook.
In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you will search emails, and then type one of search criteria in below table to search emails.
|Search by||Sent date||Deleted date||Received Date|
|on 2016/5/1||sent: 5/1/2016||modified: 5/1/2016||received: 5/1/2016|
|Before 2016/5/1||sent: <5/1/2016||modified: <5/1/2016||received: <5/1/2016|
|After 2016/5/1||sent: >5/1/2016||modified: >5/1/2016||received: >5/1/2016|
2016/5/1 and 2016/5/31
|sent: 2016/5/1..2016/5/31||modified: 2016/5/1..2016/5/31||received: 2016/5/1..2016/5/31|
For example, you need to search emails which are sent before 2016/5/1. You should click to open the Sent Items folder, and then type the search criteria sent: <5/1/2016 into the Instant Search box. See screenshot:
If you are not preferring to type search criteria in the Instant Search box directly, you can specify the search criteria in the Advanced Find dialog box.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the mail folder where you will search emails, and then press the Ctrl + Shift + F keys simultaneously to open the Advanced Find dialog box.
2. In the Advanced Find dialog box, go to the Messages tab, and then:
(1) Select the Sent (or received, modified as you need) from the Time drop down list;
(2) Choose the search time scope from the right drop down list, such as This Week.
(3) Specify other search criteria as you need, such as add a keyword in the Search for the word(s) box.
Note: On the Messages tab, you can only choose search criteria as Today, Yesterday, This Week, Last Month, etc. For searching emails in custom date range, you can specify the search criteria on the Advanced tab as below screenshot shown:
(1) Click Field > Date/Time fields > Sent (or Received, Modified as you need);
(2) Specify a search condition from the Condition drop down list, such as on or before;
(3) Type the custom date into the Value box;
(4) Click the Add to List button;
3. Click the Find Now button.
And now all emails meeting the search criteria are found out and listed at the bottom of Advance Find dialog box.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoAll my emails disappeared yesterday and were replaced by the new Microsoft Outlook... I need my emails..and prefer the old display pages. It is so important I find these emails. Please,Please help..ASAP Tank you
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI was wondering if one could find
1) all emails sent at certain time (i.e. between certain hours or after a certain hour) I have done a lot of overtime over the past two years and my boss is claiming she was not aware of it, so I would like to find all the emails I have sent after 17:30
2) all emails sent on my days off / weekends
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi Karen,
There is a Statistics feature provided by Kutools for Outlook which supports count emails on specified week of day at specified date range. For example, count emails sent from 17:00 and 19:00 only on Saturday and Sunday.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoThe dates is wrong