How to forward and keep copy of draft email in Outlook?
When selecting a draft email in the Drafts folder, the Reply, Reply All, and Forward commands are gray and invalid in Outlook 2013 or 2016 as below screenshot shown. However, you might need to forward a draft email but keep its original copy after forwarding in Outlook, how could you get it done? There are three solutions for you:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to open the draft email, and then forward it with shortcuts in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Drafts folder, double click to open the draft email you will forward.
2. Now the draft email is opening in Message window. Place the cursor at the To, Cc, or Subject field, and then press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously.
3. Now a new copy of the draft email opens in another Message window. Please compose and send it. After sending, please close the original copy of the specified draft email.
This method will guide you to unselect any draft email in the Drafts folder firstly, and then forward a draft email with right-clicking menu.
1. Holding the Ctrl key, click the highlighted email to unselect any email in the mail list in the Drafts folder.
2. Right click the draft email you will forward, and select Forward from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. Now the copy of draft email is opening in Message window. Please compose and send it.
Actually, if you enable the Open replies and forwards in a new window option in the Outlook Options dialog box, the Forward command will be available on the Ribbon.
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the opening Outlook Options dialog box, (1) click Mail in the left bar; (2) check the Open replies and forwards in a new window option in the Replies and forwards section; (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. Go to the Drafts folder, select the draft email you will forward, and then click Home > Forward. See screenshot:
4. Now the copy of the specified draft email is opening in Message window. Please compose and send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.