How to create a recurring all day event in Outlook?
When creating a normal appointment in Outlook, you can check the All day event option to change the appointment to All day event (see screenshot below). However, if you have specified recurrence pattern for a recurring appointment, the All day event option disappears. Is there a way to create a recurring all day event in Outlook? Try below solutions:
Actually, you can’t create a recurring all day event directly in Outlook. However, you can specified the start time and end time of a recurring appointment same as those of an all day event to achieve it.
1. In the Calendar view, please click Home > New Appointment to create a new appointment.
2. In the new Appointment window, please click Appointment > Recurrence. See screenshot:
3. Now the Appointment Recurrence dialog box comes out. Please do as follows:
(1) In the Appointment time section, type 12:00 AM into both Start and End boxes, and select 1 day from the Duration drop down list;
(2) Specify the recurrence pattern and range of recurrence as you need;
(3) Click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Appointment Series window, please add subject, location, compose appointment note, and then click Appointment Series > Save & Close.
So far you have created a recurring appointment whose occurrences work same as all day event.
Some users may just want to add recurring all day event for birthdays or anniversaries in Outlook calendar. In this situation, you can create a contact to achieve it.
1. In the People (or Contacts) view, click Home > New Contact to create a new contact.
2. A new Contact window opens, please add contact information as you need, and then click Contact > Details. See screenshot:
3. Please add birthday or anniversary into corresponding Birthday box or Anniversary box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the OK button to go ahead.
5. Click Contact > Save & Close to save the new contact.
Shift to the Calendar view, you will see a yearly recurring all day event for the contact’s birthday or Anniversary has been created and added into the calendar automatically.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.