To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 11 months agoHi koen,
For a large number of contacts, you can save the Excel workbook as a CSV file, then apply the Import feature to save these email addresses as contacts in Outlook, and finally create a new contact group and add these new contacts as members.
How to create a contact group (distribution list) from Excel data?
Generally speaking, you can import a CSV file to Outlook contact folder, and then create a contact group from these imported contacts. But how about from an Excel workbook? This article will guide you to create a contact group (or distribution list) from an Excel workbook.
This method will guide you quickly create a contact group (distribution list) from Excel data, without applying the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the Excel workbook that you will create a contact group from, select the data, and press Ctrl + C keys together to copy it.
2. Shift to the People (or Contacts) view in Outlook, and click Home > New Contact Group to create a new contact group.
3. Now a Contact Group window is opening. Please click Contact Group > Add Members > From Outlook Contacts. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Select Members dialog box, put the cursor in the Members box, press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste the Excel data, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Now you return to the Contact Group window. Please type a name for the new contact group in the Name box, and then click Contact Group > Save & Close button.
So far, you have created a contact group from an Excel workbook already.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agounfortunately this does not work for large numbers... :-(
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThank you!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. Your post is very useful. Thank you.