How to create a contact group (distribution list) from Excel data?
Generally speaking, you can import a CSV file to Outlook contact folder, and then create a contact group from these imported contacts. But how about from an Excel workbook? This article will guide you to create a contact group (or distribution list) from an Excel workbook.
This method will guide you quickly create a contact group (distribution list) from Excel data, without applying the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the Excel workbook that you will create a contact group from, select the data, and press Ctrl + C keys together to copy it.
2. Shift to the People (or Contacts) view in Outlook, and click Home > New Contact Group to create a new contact group.
3. Now a Contact Group window is opening. Please click Contact Group > Add Members > From Outlook Contacts. See screenshot:
4. In the popping out Select Members dialog box, put the cursor in the Members box, press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste the Excel data, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Now you return to the Contact Group window. Please type a name for the new contact group in the Name box, and then click Contact Group > Save & Close button.
So far, you have created a contact group from an Excel workbook already.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.