How to block out /off time in Outlook calendar?
For example, you are going to take a vacation in next two weeks, and you want to block the off time from your and your colleagues’ Outlook calendars, any idea? This article will introduce two solutions for you.
If you need to block out one-off vacation from your and your coworkers’ calendars, you can do as follows:
1. Open the calendar you will block the vacation time, and click Home > New Appointment to create a new appointment.
2. In the new appointment window, please (1) type the subject and location as you need, (2) specify the date range you will take a vacation in the Start time and End time boxes, and then (3) check the All day event option. See screenshot:
3. Go ahead to select Out of Office from Show As drop down list under Event tab. See screenshot:
4. Make other changes as you need, and click Event > Save & Close to save the event.
Now your vacation time will show as out of office in your and your coworkers’ Outlook calendar. When they sending meeting invitations or other requests to you, your vacation time is not available.
If you want to block a regular off time on every weekday from your and your coworkers’ Outlook calendars, such as lunch time, please do as follows:
1. Open the calendar you will block the lunch time, and click Home > New Appointment to create a new appointment.
2. In the new Appointment window, please type subject and location as you need.
3. Under the Appointment tab, please (1) select Out of Office from Show As drop down list, (2) select None from Reminder drop down list, and (3) click the Recurrence button. See screenshot:
4. In the Appointment Recurrence dialog box, please:
(1) In the Appointment time section, please specify the lunch time as you need;
(2) In the Recurrence pattern section, please check Daily and Every weekday options;
(3) In the Range of recurrence section, please specify the block date range as you need;
(4) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. Now you return to the appointment window, please make other changes as you need, and click Appointment > Save & Close.
From now on, your lunch time on every weekday will show as out of office.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.