How to set rule for emails sent to specified group in Outlook?
This article is talking about creating a rule for emails that you sent to specified contact groups in Outlook.
Please follow below steps to set an Outlook rule for email sent to the specified group in Outlook.
1. Please select the specified mail folder you will set the Outlook rule for, and click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts.
2. In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button. See screenshot:
3. In the Rules Wizard, please click the Apply rule on messages I send option and click the Next button.
4. In the Rules Wizard (Which condition(s) do you want to check?), please check the sent to people or public group option, and click the linked text of people or public group in the Step 2 section. See screenshot:
5. Now the Rule Address dialog box comes out. Please select the specified group, double click to add it to the To box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
6. Click the Yes button in the popping out Microsoft Outlook dialog box, and then click the Next button in the wizard.
7. Now in the Rules Wizard (What do you want to do with the messages?), please:
(1) Check the move a copy to the specified folder option;
(2) Click the linked text of Specified in the Step 2 option;
(3) In the Rules and Alerts dialog box, please choose a folder you will move emails to, and click the OK button;
(4) Click the Next button in the wizard.
8. Click the Next button directly in the Rules Wizard (Are there any exceptions?) without any settings.
9. In the last Rules Wizard, please:
(1) Name the new rule in the Step 1 box;
(2) Check options as you need in the Step 2 section;
(3) Click the Finish button.
Now all emails you sent to the specified contact group or any members of this contact group will be moved to the specified mail folder.
10. Close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.