How to send an email to multiple recipients individually in Outlook?
When you want to send personalized email to multiple recipients individually without them knowing each other, normally, you can send the email to the recipients one by one. But, this will be time-consuming and boring. Is there any good and quick method to solve this task in Outlook?
In fact, the Mail Merge feature in Outlook can help you to send the same email to multiple recipients individually with their own greeting. Please do with the following steps:
1. Go to the Contacts pane, and then select the recipients which you want to send email to, and then click Home > Mail Merge, see screenshot:
2. In the opened Mail Merge Contacts dialog box:
(1.) Select Only selected contacts option under the Contacts section;
(2.) In the Merge options section, choose Form Letters from the Document type drop down, E-mail from the Merge to drop down list, and then enter the subject you need into the Message subject line text box.
3. Then click OK button, and Microsoft Word will open with a new document. The window will stay under Mailings ribbon automatically. Then you should click Greeting Line under the Mailings tab, see screenshot:
4. In the popped out Insert Greeting Line dialog box, specify the greeting line format as you need. You can preview the sent greeting results in the Preview section at the same time. See screenshot:
5. Then click OK, and you can see 《GreetingLine》has been inserted into the document, then press Enter key to go to next line to compose the message body you want to send, see screenshot:
6. After editing the message body, please click Mailings > Finish & Merge > Send Email Messages, see screenshot:
7. In the Merge to E-mail dialog box, you can directly click OK button, and the email will be sent to all selected contacts at once, see screenshot:
8. After finishing sending emails, you can go to the Sent Items folder to view the results, and the email has been sent to each recipient individually with their own greeting, see screenshot:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 19 days agoi would like use this for community service emails for appx 380 lake residents will your app work for that many??thanks
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 months agoThis was very much helpful. Good step-by-step details for mail-merge.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoHi, is there any way to include someone to the c.c when I'm sending emails to multiple recipients using mail merge?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 months agoHello, ash,
May be there is no direct way for you to insert cc by using the Mail Merge feature, but, you can apply the Send Emails feature in Kutools for Excel, you can download it from here:https://www.extendoffice.com/download/kutools-for-excel.html
After downloading and installing it, please open the Excel file, and then click Kutools Plus > Send Emails to use it.
please try, thank you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agohow can we send attachment with written material in mail through mail merge. or is there any other way, please advice.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHello, NK,
The Mail Merge feature doesn't support to insert the attachments when sending multiple emails, but you can try our Kutools for Excel's Send Email feature, with this feature, you can send multiple personalized emails with multiple attachments as you need.
For using this feature of Kutools for Excel, you should download and install the tool first.
Please try, hope it can help you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoFirst you are showing an excel file Kutools, and then you end up explaining something completely different. ??
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoHello, Fam,
The first part is one feature of our product-Kutools for Excel, if you want to use it, you should download and install it.
The main content in this article is the normal solution that deal with this task in Outlook without using any other third add-in.
Sorry for bringing a misunderstanding for you!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoGreat Article!
I got one question: How can I specify the email I use to send these emails?
Can it only use the default email address as the sender?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi, Cody,
May be there is not a direct way to change the send account when sending emails. But, you can change and set your desired email account as default account. And then apply the Mail Merge feature to sending multiple messages.
Please try, hope it can help you!