How to display a “Browse for Folder“ dialog for choosing a folder in Outlook?
For a large number of folders in your outlook, it will be convenient for you to choose a specified folder from a “Browse for Folder” dialog box instead of browsing the folder structure for finding it. This article will show you method of displaying a “Browse for Folder” dialog for choosing a folder in Outlook.
Please do as follows to display a “Browse for Folder” dialog for choosing a folder with VBA code.
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module. Then copy below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Display a “Browse for Folder” dialog for choosing a folder
Sub PickFolder() 'Update by Extendoffice 20180504 Dim xNameSpace As NameSpace Dim xPickFolder As Folder Dim xExplorer As Explorer On Error Resume Next Set xNameSpace = Outlook.Application.Session Set xPickFolder = xNameSpace.PickFolder If TypeName(xPickFolder) = "Nothing" Then Exit Sub Set xExplorer = Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer xExplorer.Close xPickFolder.Display Outlook.Application.ActiveExplorer.WindowState = olMaximized Set xPickFolder = Nothing Set xNameSpace = Nothing End Sub
3. Press the Alt + Q keys to exit the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Click the Customize Quick Access Toolbar button and then click More Commands from the drop-down menu. See screenshot:
5. In the Outlook Options dialog box, you need to:
6. Then you can see a folder button showing on the Quick Access Toolbar. Click on the button to display the “Select Folder” dialog, select a folder and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the selected folder will be opened in Outlook immediately.
The above method seems not easy to handle. Here recommend the Go To folder feature of Kutools for Outlook. With this feature, you can open a dialog box containing all folders or specific kind of folders in Outlook, and the shift to a folder easily.
1. After installing Kutools for Outlook, click Kutools Plus > Go To to enable the feature.
2. In the opening Go To dialog box, please configure as follows.
Or you can select the folder and then click the OK button to open the folder and close the dialog.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!