How to convert OST file to PST file and vice versa in Outlook?
When you add an email account to Outlook, a local copy of your information is stored on your computer. If you are using an Exchange account, the information will be stored in an Outlook data file (.ost), and if you are using a POP account, an Outlook data file (.pst) will be created to store the information. For some reasons, such as data migration, you may need to convert the Outlook data file from OST to PST or vice versa. This step-by-step guide is going to show you how to convert an Outlook data file from OST to PST or vice versa.
To convert an Outlook data file from OST to PST, you can do as follows.
1. Launch your Outlook, click File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, select Export to a file under Choose an action to perform, and then click the Next button.
3. In the Export to a File dialog box, select Outlook Data File (.pst) under Create a file of type and click Next.
4. In the Export Outlook Data File dialog box, select the folder you want to export. If you want to export the whole account, just select the root of the folders, make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and finally click the Next button.
5. In the last dialog box, click the Browse button to select a destination folder to save the exported PST file, and then click the Finish button.
6. In the Create Outlook Data File dialog box, you can choose whether to add a password to the exported data file or not. If you don’t need a password, just click the OK button to skip it.
Note: If you added a password, when importing the exported PST file to another account, you need to verify the password.
Now the OST file is converted to a PST file and you can import it to any Outlook account according to your needs.
If you want to convert an Outlook data file from PST to OST, try the method in this section.
1. Launch your Outlook (this Outlook must contain an OST configuration account), select a folder or create a new folder under the OST email account to place the imported items, and then click File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
2. In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, select Import from another program or file under Choose an action to perform, and then click the Next button.
3. In the Import a File dialog box, select Outlook Data File (.pst) under Select file type to import from, and then click the Next button.
4. In the Import Outlook Data File dialog box, click the Browse button to select the PST file you want to convert to an OST file, choose an option you need in the Options section, and then click Next to go ahead.
5. In the last dialog box, you need to configure as follows.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.