How to insert picture or image from scanner or camera in Word?
You might get into trouble in inserting pictures from scanner or camera in Word 2007 and later version as Microsoft removed the option to insert a picture from a scanner or camera which was just available in Word 2003. This tutorial will show you several methods of inserting pictures from scanner or camera in Word 2007 and later version.
If you are using the Word 2007 or Word 2010, you can quickly access the Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera utility as follows:
1. Please first press Alt key in Word 2007 or Word 2010, and then continue typing menu key sequence i p s
on your keyboard, and it will display the Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera dialog.
After typing Alt first and i key, you will see a Super Tip as follows:
After typing p and s key, it will pop up the Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera dialog.
Then you can choose picture from the device through the Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera dialog.
1. Firstly, you should create a Macro for your Word document. Please click View > Macros > View Macros. See screenshot:
2. After clicking View Macros, there will be a Macros dialog popping up. Under Macro name, type in “Scan”; select Normal. dotm (global template) from the Macros in drop-down list. Then click Create. See screenshot:
3. And now, a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window shows up, please copy and paste the following code to the dialog locates between Sub scan and End sub lines.
Code in 2013 and later version:
On Error Resume Next Dim objCommonDialog As WIA.CommonDialog Dim objImage As WIA.ImageFile Dim strDateiname Set objCommonDialog = New WIA.CommonDialog Set objImage = objCommonDialog.ShowAcquireImage strDateiname = Environ("temp") & "\Scan.jpg" If Not objImage Is Nothing Then Kill strDateiname objImage.SaveFile strDateiname Selection.InlineShapes.AddPicture strDateiname Set objImage = Nothing End If Set objCommonDialog = Nothing
Code in 2007 and 2010:
On Error Resume Next WordBasic.InsertImagerScan
4. Now, you should click Tools > References to go to the References-Normal dialog box, then choose and check Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition Library option, see screenshot:
5. Then click OK to close the dialog box, and now, please press F5 key to run this code.
Note: Make sure the scanner is on and connected to the computer
With Kutools for Word’s From Scanner or Camera utility, you can get rid of those annoying operations and easily insert picture from scanner or camera in word.
|Kutools for Word : with more than 100 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Place the cursor at where you want to insert picture.
2. Then please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > More > From Scanner or Camera. See screenshot:
3. After clicking From Scanner or Camera, it will display the Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera dialog.
A: Under Device, select the related device that you want to import picture from.
B: Select any Resolution you want.
C: Click Insert to start inserting.
Note: This utility cannot be applied for Word 2013 and later version.
For more detailed information of Kutools for Word’s From Scanner or Camera utility, please visit: From Scanner or Camera.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.