How to select all last lines in paragraphs in Word
How can you quickly select all last lines from a Word document? Here this tutorial will show some ways for you to quickly select all last lines in paragraphs in Word.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Word
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
1. Select one last line first.
2. Hold Ctrl key and select all remaining last lines in the paragraphs one by one manually. Note: This method is very tiring if there are hundreds of lines needed to be selected.
1: Press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window;
2: Click Module from Insert tab, copy and paste the following VBA code into the Module window;
3: Click Run button or press F5 to apply the VBA.
The VBA code on bold all last lines:
Sub boldlastlines ()
For Each p In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
Selection.Start = p.Range.End - 2
Selection.Bookmarks("\Line").Range.Font.Bold = True
With Kutools for Word's Select Last Paragraph Lines utility, you not only can quickly select all last lines in paragraphs, but also can select last lines in paragraphs from tables.
Step 1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Paragraph > Select Last Paragraph Lines, see screenshot:
Step 2. Select one of styles from the drop-down box in the Last Paragraph Lines dialog. See screenshot:
Step 3. Click Apply or OK. For the style 1 you choose to apply, you will see the result as shown in the below screenshots:
If you want to select all last lines from tables, please choose style 3. After apply the utility, you will see the following result:
Note: Whichever style you choose, only can select last lines by applying this utility when your paragraphs' format are as same as the style. This utility cannot select last lines in a selection
- Select all shorter paragraphs in Word
- Select non-heading paragraphs in Word
- Select all heading paragraphs in Word
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...