How to group radio buttons in Microsoft Word document?
Grouping radio buttons seems to be a confused operation for many Word users. With this tutorials, grouping radio buttons won’t be a problem to you anymore.
Office Tab: Brings tabbed interfaces to Word, Excel, PowerPoint...
Microsoft Word’s Properties utility provides you with the function of grouping radio buttons one by one. Please look at the following instructions.
1. Firstly, you need to show the Developer tab on the ribbon by clicking File (Office in Word 2007) > Options > Customize Ribbon. In the right pane, check the Developer box, and then click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
2. For editing the radio button, the Design Mode should be turned on. Please click Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
3. After turning on the Design Mode, click on the first radio button from the Group 1 and then click Properties.
4. In the Properties dialog, assign a value to the GroupName property under the Alphabetic tab, and then close the dialog.
5. Now, select the second button from the Group 1, and then put in the same value for GroupName that you used in the first button. Then, you need to repeat this operation for all the left buttons in the Group 1.
6. Select the first radio button from Group 2, and then assign a different value to the GroupName. Assign the same value to the GroupName for the left buttons of the Group 2 one by one.
You can see the result as shown as below:
Note: After finish assigning all the GroupNames, you need to turn off the Design Mode utility so that you can check the radio button box.
The above method of grouping radio buttons is somewhat time-consuming and annoying. If you want to quickly and easily group the radio buttons in Word, Kutools for Word’s Group the Radio Buttons utility can help you.
1. Select a radio button group, and then apply the utility by clicking Kutools > Check Box > Group the Radio Buttons. See screenshot:
2. In the Group the radio buttons dialog, assign a value to the Group Name text box, and the click OK to close it.
3. Now, you can check one button from each group. See screenshot:
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2021 - 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 / 11 and Windows Vista;