How to insert radio button in Microsoft Word document?
The following tutorials will show you several methods of how to insert radio button in MS Word document.
Insert one radio button with ActiveX Control in Word
This method will guide you to enable Developer tab in the Word Ribbon, and then insert an ActiveX control of Option button in Word. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Word Options dialog box.
2. In the Word Options dialog box, (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check the Developer option in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the Developer tab is added in the Word Ribbon.
3. Go ahead to click Developer > Legacy Tools > Option Button. See screenshot:
4. Now a radio button is inserted in the document where your cursor places on. Right click it, and select OptionButton Object > Edit from the context menu. See screenshot:
5. Now the option button name is editable. Please type the texts you need to replace it.
6. For inserting multiple option buttons, please repeat above Step 3 - 5 as you need.
7. Exit the Design mode with clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
Now these inserted option buttons are checkable.
Batch insert multiple radio buttons with Kutools for Word
Besides the above method, would you like to know another easy way in quickly inserting radio button in Word document? Now, Kutools for Word’s Radio Button utility can help you quickly insert multiple option buttons in bulk. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Word
is a handy add-in to ease your work and enhance your ability of processing word document. Free Trial for
60 days! Get It Now!
1. Please select the text that you want to insert radio button for, and click Kutools > Check Box > Radio Button. See screenshot:
Now, the radio button is inserted.
2. Exit the Design mode with clicking Developer > Design Mode. (Note: Click to view ways about showing Developer tab in Word Ribbon.)
Tip: Kutools for Word also supports to quickly insert checkbox (content control), checkbox of ActiveX Control, or Checkbox (form field) with one click.
60-day free trial!
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents in one Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for full features free trial!
Group radio button in Word
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 and Windows Vista;