How to insert radio button in Microsoft Word document?
The following tutorials will show you several methods of how to insert radio button in MS Word document.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will guide you to enable Developer tab in the Word Ribbon, and then insert an ActiveX control of Option button in Word. Please do as follows:
2. In the Word Options dialog box, (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check the Developer option in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the Developer tab is added in the Word Ribbon.
3. Go ahead to click Developer > Legacy Tools > Option Button. See screenshot:
4. Now a radio button is inserted in the document where your cursor places on. Right click it, and select OptionButton Object > Edit from the context menu. See screenshot:
5. Now the option button name is editable. Please type the texts you need to replace it.
6. For inserting multiple option buttons, please repeat above Step 3 - 5 as you need.
7. Exit the Design mode with clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
Now these inserted option buttons are checkable.
Besides the above method, would you like to know another easy way in quickly inserting radio button in Word document? Now, Kutools for Word’s Radio Button utility can help you quickly insert multiple option buttons in bulk. Please do as follows:
Kutools for Word - With more than 30 handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
2. Exit the Design mode with clicking Developer > Design Mode. (Note: Click to view ways about showing Developer tab in Word Ribbon.)
Tip: Kutools for Word also supports to quickly insert checkbox (content control), checkbox of ActiveX Control, or Checkbox (form field) with one click.
Click for 60-day free trial!
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 and Windows Vista;
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHi,
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoHi
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoIs there a way to sort alphabetically the radio buttons?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoVery useful!