How to insert radio button in Microsoft Word document?
The following tutorials will show you several methods of how to insert radio button in MS Word document.
- Insert one radio button with ActiveX Control in Word
- Batch insert multiple radio buttons with Kutools for Word
This method will guide you to enable Developer tab in the Word Ribbon, and then insert an ActiveX control of Option button in Word. Please do as follows:
2. In the Word Options dialog box, (1) click Customize Ribbon in left bar, (2) check the Developer option in the right box, and (3) click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the Developer tab is added in the Word Ribbon.
3. Go ahead to click Developer > Legacy Tools > Option Button. See screenshot:
4. Now a radio button is inserted in the document where your cursor places on. Right click it, and select OptionButton Object > Edit from the context menu. See screenshot:
5. Now the option button name is editable. Please type the texts you need to replace it.
6. For inserting multiple option buttons, please repeat above Step 3 - 5 as you need.
7. Exit the Design mode with clicking Developer > Design Mode. See screenshot:
Now these inserted option buttons are checkable.
Besides the above method, would you like to know another easy way in quickly inserting radio button in Word document? Now, Kutools for Word’s Radio Button utility can help you quickly insert multiple option buttons in bulk. Please do as follows:
2. Exit the Design mode with clicking Developer > Design Mode. (Note: Click to view ways about showing Developer tab in Word Ribbon.)
Tip: Kutools for Word also supports to quickly insert checkbox (content control), checkbox of ActiveX Control, or Checkbox (form field) with one click.
This is only one tool of Kutools for Word
Kutools for Word frees you from performing time-consuming operations in Word;
With bundles of handy tools for Word 2021 - 2003 and Office 365;
Easy to use and install in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 10 / 11 and Windows Vista;