In many cases, merging images is required during your work with MS Word document. For example you want to combine two pictures just for a special effect. Without any help of image editor such as Photoshop, what can you do in Word? Please look at the following instruction.
Quickly merge multiple Word documents from many folders in bulk, with specified order
Kutools for Word releases a fantastic Merge feature to help users quickly merge multiple Word documents from many folders. This feature will not only reserve original documents' format in merged file, but also merge documents by your specified order. Click for 60-day free trial!
1. Insert the images you want to merge in Word. See screenshot:
2. Click Insert > Shapes > New Drawing Canvas to insert the drawing canvas.
3. Copy and paste the images into the canvas and then drag them to the desired position. See screenshot:
Tip: You can select the image in canvas and right click to open the right-clicking menu, then specify the above and below position of the image from Bring to Front or Send to Back options.
4. Select all the images you want to merge by Ctrl + A, then click Format > Group > Group. See screenshot:
5. Copy the combined image, then click the blank place on the canvas. Delete the drawing canvas by press Backspace button, then paste the combined image in the document.
One click to batch resize all/multiple images in Word document
Normally, we can resize one image’s size manually in Word document. And it’s quite tedious to resize many images one by one. But, with Kutools for Word’s Resize Images utility, you can easily resize all images’ size to same 25%, 50%, … etc. or to the same width of selected image with only one click! Click for 60-day free trial!
my 4th attempt after signing up so will keep it short.
Use a screen capture after arranging a page in word and then use the pic of that page et voila!
I just wanted an arrow on my pic pointing at something and could not select both pic and arrow to group them and found that solution, a little different that what is suggested here but it may help too
I want to put several outline boxes on a picture. I followed all your steps, but the outline boxes did not group and they were not copied and pasted along with the picture. I have been trying to do this for years and years with several different versions of Word and have never found a procedure that allows me to copy any shapes I draw onto pictures.