Subtotal invoice amounts by age in Excel
To sum the invoice amounts based on age as below screenshot shown may be a common task in Excel, this tutorial will show how to subtotal invoice amounts by age with a normal SUMIF function.
Subtotal invoice amount based on age with SUMIF function
Dealing with this task, you can use a simple SUMIF function in Excel, the generic syntax is:
- range: The range of cells which criteria is applied.
- criteria: The criteria to sum data based on;
- sum_range: The range of cells that you want to sum.
For example, I want to sum all the invoice amounts whose age is less than or equal to 30, or whose age is greater than 30, please apply the following formula:
1. Enter or copy the below formula into a blank cell:
2. And then, drag the fill handle down to copy the formula to other cells, and the amount subtotals will be calculated, see screenshot:
Relative function used:
- The SUMIF function can help to sum cells based on one criterion.
- Sum Values By Group In Excel
- Sometimes, you may have the requirement to sum values based on group in a table. For example, I have a list of products with their corresponding amounts in another column, now, I want to get the subtotal amount for each product as below screenshot shown. This tutorial will introduce some formulas for solving this task in Excel.
- Sum Smallest Or Bottom N Values
- In Excel, it is easy for us to sum a range of cells by using the SUM function. Sometimes, you may need to sum the smallest or bottom 3, 5 or n numbers in a data range as below screenshot shown. In this case, the SUMPRODUCT together with the SMALL function can help you to solve this problem in Excel.
- Sum Smallest Or Bottom N Values Based On Criteria
- In previous tutorial, we have discussed how to sum the smallest n values in a data range. In this article, we will perform a further advanced operation – to sum the lowest n values based on one or more criteria in Excel.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.