Sum if between two values in Excel
In your daily work, it may be common for you to calculate total score or total amount for a range. To solve this problem, you can use the SUMIFS function in Excel. The SUMIFS function is used to sum up particular cells based on multiple criteria. This tutorial will demonstrate how to use the SUMIFS function to sum data between two numbers.
Assuming, you have a list of the scores of your students as above screenshot shown, now, you need to sum the scores that are between 80 and 100 (including 80 and 100).
To get the total values between two given numbers, the SUMIFS function can do you a favor. The generic syntax is:
- sum_range: The range with values that you want to sum;
- criteria_range: The range of cells to match the criteria;
- criteria1: The first condition for summing the values; (In this case, the criteria1 is “>=80”)
- criteria2: The second condition for summing the values; (In this case, the criteria2 is “<=100”)
Tip: By using the SUMIFS function, we can use a variety of logical operators. Such as “=”, “>”, “>=”, “<”, “<=” etc.
Please use any one of the below formulas, and then press Enter key to get the result:
Relative function used:
- The SUMIFS function in Excel can help to sum cell values based on multiple criteria.
- Sum If Cells Contain Specific Text In Another Column
- This tutorial will show you how to sum values if cells contain specific or partial text in another column. Take the below data range as an example, to get the total amounts of the products containing the text “T-Shirt”, both the SUMIF function and SUMPRODUCT function can deal with this task in Excel.
- Sum If Begins With Or Ends With Specific Text Or Characters
- To sum values if corresponding cells begin with or end with a specific value, you can apply the SUMIF function with a wildcard (*) to pull it off. This article will introduce how to use the formula in details.
- Sum Smallest Or Bottom N Values Based On Criteria
- In previous tutorial, we have discussed how to sum the smallest n values in a data range. In this article, we will perform a further advanced operation – to sum the lowest n values based on one or more criteria in Excel.