Excel ACOTH Function
The ACOTH function returns the inverse hyperbolic cotangent of a number.
Note: The ACOTH function was introduced in Excel 2013. So, it is not available in earlier versions of Excel.
- number (required): The value for which you want to calculate the inverse hyperbolic cotangent. Note: The number must be less than -1 or greater than 1.
The ACOTH function returns a numeric value.
- The hyperbolic arccotangent is the inverse of the hyperbolic cotangent, so the result of =ACOTH(COTH(number)) is number itself.
- ACOTH returns the #NUM! error if -1 ≤ number ≤ 1.
- ACOTH returns the #VALUE! error if number is not numeric.
To calculate the inverse hyperbolic cotangent of the numbers listed in the table as shown below, please copy or enter the below formula in the top cell (D6) of the result list, and press Enter to get the result. Then select the result cell, and drag the fill handle (the small square in the lower-right corner of the selected cell) down to apply the formula to the below cells.
Instead of a cell reference, you can type the actual number value in the formula as shown below.
Excel ACOT Function
The ACOT function calculates the arccotangent (inverse cotangent) of a number, and returns an angle, in radians, in the range from 0 (zero) to π (pi).
Excel CSCH Function
The CSCH function returns the hyperbolic cosecant of an angle specified in radians.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings
300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save
80% time for you.
- Designed for
1500 work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.