Excel DAY function
If you want to extract the day numbers from a list of date in your Excel worksheet, the DAY function in Excel can do you a favor. With the DAY function, you can quickly get the day as a number from 1 to 31 based on the given dates.
The syntax for the DAY function in Excel is:
- Date: A valid date represents the date from which the day is extracted.
Return the day as a number (1-31) from a specific date.
To extract only the day numbers from given dates, please apply the below formula, and then, drag fill handle to fill the formula to cells you use, now all day numbers have been displayed as following screenshot shown:
Note: In the above formula, A2 is the cell contains the date you want to use.
Tips: You can also replace the cell reference in the above formulas with the date text string, such as:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.