Excel GAUSS function
The GAUSS function calculates the probability that a member of a standard normal population falls between the mean and z standard deviation from the mean.
Note: This GAUSS function is only available in Excel 2013 and later versions.
z (required): A number that you want to evaluate the GAUSS function.
1. The #NUM! error occurs if z is not a valid number;
2. The #VALUE! error occurs if z is not a valid data type;
3. If you are using Excel 2010 and earlier versions, you can apply the following formula to achieve the same result as the GAUSS function.
4. Since NORM.S.DIST(0, TRUE) always returns 0.5, GAUSS(z) will always be 0.5 less than the result returned by NORM.S.DIST(z, TRUE).
It returns a numeric value.
The following examples demonstrate how to use the GAUSS function in Excel.
Select a cell (such as C6) next to the number at which you want to evaluate the GAUSS function, enter the formula below and press the Enter key to get the first result. Select this result cell and then drag its AutoFill Handle down to get the rest of the results.
1) The argument in the formula above is supplied as a cell reference. You can directly type a number as the argument in the formula. Here the formula in C6 can be changed to:
2) If you are using Excel 2010 and earlier versions, you can apply the following formula to get the same result as the GAUSS function.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.
Please leave your comments in English