Customize current view - format columns
As you know, the emails are listing in a big table in the message list. You can configure the view settings to change the display format of columns, such as alignment, column width, label, etc. in the table.
Note: This tutorial is introduced based on exchange account in Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And it may vary significantly or slightly depending on the types of email accounts (Exchange, IMAP or POP), the versions of Microsoft Outlook, and Windows environments.
Supposing the Inbox is in the preview view, you can specify the display formats for columns or fields in the message list as follows:
1. After opening the Inbox folder, please click View > View Settings.
2. In the Advanced View Settings dialog, please click the Format Columns button.
3. Now the Format Columns dialog comes out. Please configure and change the options as you need:
(1) In the Available fields list box, please click to select the column you will change.
(2) Click the Format box, and select the proper format style as you need from the drop-down list.
Tips: The options of the Format drop-down list vary significantly depending on the column you selected in the Available fields list box.
(3) If you need to rename the column, please type in a name in the label box.
(4) In the Width section, you can configure to show the specified column in a fixed width, or in a dynamic width based on the content of this email field.
Tips: Even if you have specified the fixed width, the fixed value will change automatically when you change the width of Outlook interface, turn on or off other sections such as folder pane, to-do list, etc.
(5) In the Alignment section, change the alignment in the specified column. There are three alignment styles: Left, Center, and Right.
4. After finishing the settings, please click the OK buttons successively to save the settings and close dialogs.
Now in the message list you will see the specified column is displayed in the new format.
1. Some of above view settings may not take effect when the reading pane is displaying on the right of message list. In this situation, you can turn off the reading pane or move it to the bottom of the message list by clicking View > Reading Pane > Off or Bottom.
2. You can quickly clear all custom view settings and formats by clicking View > Reset View.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.