Create a contact in Outlook
In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a new contact manually in Outlook, and create a new contact based on the sender or recipients of a received email in Outlook.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can easily create a new contact manually in Outlook.
1. Click or People at the bottom of the Folder Pane to shift to the People view.
2. In the People view, click Home > New Contact.
3. Now a new contact window is opening. Please enter the new contact’s information into corresponding fields as you need.
(1) For adding the birthday for the new contact, please click Contact > Details, find out the Birthday field, and then click the calendar icon to specify the birth of date from the drop-down calendar.
(2) For adding a photo for the new contact, please click Contact > Picture > Add Picture, then in the Add Contact Picture dialog select a photo or picture, and click Open.
4. Click Contact > Save & Close to save the new contact, and then exit the window.
So far, the new contact has been created and added to the current activated contact folder already. See screenshot:
When you receive an email in Outlook, you can add the sender and other recipients of this email as new contacts directly.
1. In the Mail view, go to the Message List, click the specified email to view it in the Reading Pane.
2. In the Reading Pane, right click the sender or any recipient you will add as new contact, and select Add to Outlook Contacts from the context menu.
3. Now a new contact window is opening. Information of the specified sender or recipient has been entered to corresponding fields. You can change the information, or add other information as you need.
4. Click Save & Close to save the new contact, and close the contact window.
Now you can find out the new contact in the Contacts folder.
Note: This method can add a new contact from the email at a time. If you need to add the sender or all recipients as contacts, repeat above operation as you need.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.