How to resize multiple cells to fit pictures quickly in Excel?
As we know, Microsoft Excel supports automatically resize the row height and column width of a cell to fit filled content, such as a long text string. However, the AutoFit Row Height command and AutoFit column Width command are not valid for picture, because an inserted picture does not reside a specific cell.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing there are two big pictures in a worksheet, see the following screen shot. Someone may want to resize a cell to fit a picture above the cell. But how to realize it?
Of course, you can resize each cell automatically to fit pictures above them. However, it may be tedious and time-consuming for a number of pictures. Actually, we can apply a VB macro to resize all cells to fit pictures above them. You can do it with following steps:
Step 1: Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
Step 2: Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA: Resize multiple cells to fit their pictures.
Sub ResizePictureCells() For Each Picture In ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects PictureTop = Picture.Top PictureLeft = Picture.Left PictureHeight = Picture.Height PictureWidth = Picture.Width For N = 2 To 256 If Columns(N).Left > PictureLeft Then PictureColumn = N - 1 Exit For End If Next N For N = 2 To 65536 If Rows(N).Top > PictureTop Then PictureRow = N - 1 Exit For End If Next N Rows(PictureRow).RowHeight = PictureHeight Columns(PictureColumn).ColumnWidth = PictureWidth * (54.29 / 288) Picture.Top = Cells(PictureRow, PictureColumn).Top Picture.Left = Cells(PictureRow, PictureColumn).Left Next Picture End Sub
Step 3: Press the F5 key to run this macro.
Now in current worksheet, if there are pictures, the cell bellow a picture will be resized to fit the picture above it. See the following screenshot:
If you have adjusted the size of the cells as below screenshot shown, and then you want to import and resize the pictures to fit the cell sizes, how can you quickly get it done? In this case, Kutools for Excel's Import Pictrues utility can help you easily handle this job.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Click Enterprise > Import/Export > Import Pictures. See screenshot:
2. In the popping Import Pictures dialog, you can specify the importing order first in Import order section, and then click Add button to add pictures from folder or as files one by one, then you can see the pictures are list in the Picture section. See screenshot:
3. Then click Import button to show Import Picture Size dialog, then check Matching cell size option. See screenshot:
4. Click OK > Import to display a dialog to select the cells you want to import pictures. See screenshot:
5. Click OK, and now all the pirtcures are imported into the cells and resize their sizes to fite cells.
How to insert multiple pictures into cell in Excel?