How to quickly delete all html objects in Excel?
Maybe, some of you usually copy some information from the website and paste it into the Excel worksheet, and some html objects, such as check boxes, drop down lists, buttons and so on will be pasted into the worksheet as well. But you don’t want the html objects, how could you get rid of them in Excel? This tutorial will help you solve this problem.
With this Go To Special command, you can select all of the objects either the html objects or Excel objects first, and then with the Delete key to remove them.
1. Click Home > Find & Select > Go To Special, see screenshot:
2. In the Go To Special dialog box, click Objects, and then click OK.
3. And all of the objects have been selected, then press Delete key on the keyboard. The selected objects have been removed. see screenshots:
With the following short VBA code, you can also get rid of the objects in the active worksheet.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
Dim obj As Object
For Each obj In ActiveSheet.Shapes
3. Then press F5 key to run the code, all of the objects in the active worksheet will be removed.
Both of the above two methods will remove all of the objects including the other Excel objects, such as pictures, charts, or shapes. But if you have Kutools for Excel’s Delete Web Controls tool, you can easily delete only the html objects in the active worksheet as you need.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Click Kutools > Delete > Delete Web Controls, see screenshot:
And then all of the html objects in the active worksheet will be deleted.
Click Delete Web Controls to know more about this feature.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThanks,i did the Go To Special it worked. :)
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoThank you! This worked!